louisr57
Hello,

I'm getting an error message when trying to load certain links to web pages

Example > "Unable to open http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-118_metric_e.html"
This page loads fine in my web browser ... but not when triggered within the brain plex for some reason.

Other pages load correctly.

What could be causing this ?

Louis Radakir
Ottawa, ON,
Canada

PB > PRO with indexing libraries 4.1.2.8, Nov. 29th, 2007
Java > 1.6.0_03
OS > MS Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195, Service Pack 4
Browser > IExplorer 6.0.2800.1106CO
JosefBetancourt
works for me.   I'm using 4.1.2.7 version.  How did you create the link?   I just dragged it to the plex.

louisr57
I just dragged the link to my plex as you describe ... but still get the same error message ...
Note that this only seems to occur with some websites ... like this one ...
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-118_metric_e.html ...

Have you tried the test with the above website ?

Thanks,
Louis
Darkstar
I just tested it. Works for me using 4.1.2.8 (with Indexing Libraries).

Have you tried just copying the desired target URL, creating a new child thought, then using "Paste Web Link"?

I'd also suggest you check out what the actual link is recorded as in your brain. Check it out using "Properties & Attachments", and see if there is anything odd with the URL it is pointing at.
-Darkstar
louisr57
Thanks Darkstar ...

>Have you tried just copying the desired target URL, creating a new child
>thought, then using "Paste Web Link"?

Just did ... same results

>I'd also suggest you check out what the actual link is recorded as in your
>brain. Check it out using "Properties & Attachments", and see if there is
>anything odd with the URL it is pointing at.

I checked ... the link as shown in "Properties & Attachments" is identical, syntactically speaking ... and when I copy/paste to the link from my plex back into the browser ... it works fine ... so nothing wrong or corrupted with the URL address ...

I will try the same experiment with FireFox set as my default browser and see if I get same results ... I'm thinking there could be some settings in IExplorer which are affecting the results.

More on this later.

Thanks !
Louis

louisr57
Hi again,

Just tried with FireFox version 2.0.0.11 set as my default browser
and it works fine ! It would appear that IExplore (my version and settings anyway, see initial post) is the uncooperative element here. This is at work. At home, I have Win XP and a later version of IExplore ... no problem there either.
I'm not sure I'm going to bother trying to tweak IExplore to make it function at my work office ... better things to do !

Thanks to all for your help.
Louis  :  )

rogeriooferraz
We have the same problem over here in the work environment, i.e. attachments to web pages with file extension ".html" do not open, if Internet Explorer is the default browser. Several users are impacted.

If default browser is changed to Firefox, then the web pages load all right. But it is not reasonable that everybody changes the default browser.

Please, does anybody know a different solution?

Callieeb
I had this same problem and finally found an answer in a message board. IT WORKED!!!

I ran this small application as recommended...

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

It's some kind of TCP optimizer.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software