zenrain
This is going to be one of these touchy-feely bug reports. Sorry. 

Testing in MacOS Sierra, I've found for the past 2-3 alpha releases (or perhaps since I've upgraded to Sierra) that sometimes the focus doesn't shift back to the active thought.

I'd love to provide steps to recreate, but it doesn't happen all the time. What I can say is, sometimes after linking to a thought, or modifying a thought, or navigating from a thought (in all cases the thought was the non-active thought), and then I use the keyboard shortcut to create a new thought, the active thought won't have focus so the thought being linked from is the thought I just interacted with.

My mouse isn't hovering over the thought, nor is the arrow navigation active. In all cases I have to interact (usually by clicking on) the active thought before I can get it to be the focus. 

This doesn't happen all the time, or even most of the time. Just every so often, just when I'm not paying attention... Boom! Wrong thought. 

I'll try and keep a closer eye on things to see if I can discern a pattern. /sigh
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
mcaton
Alex,

I've been recording myself using TheBrain from time to time.  I just record the screen and start clicking away.  It has proven to be a good technique for catching these "doesn't happen too often" bugs.  Would it be possible for you to video record your screen for a while and see if you catch the issue in action?

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Good suggestion. I'll try that and see what happens.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software