NorthFarm
PB 5.0.3.7

Sort order has been addresses quite a few times earlier but I don't seem to find anything on this error although it is quite obvious.

Multi word thoughts are not sorted correctly. I would expect a sorting order like the following:

AB something
ABA something
ABB something
ABC something

but PB is sorting the thoughts this way:

ABA something
ABB something
ABC something
AB something

I have the "Arrange thoughts by" = "Name"

If you only have one word "AB, ABA, ABB, ABC" the sorting is correct.

Click image for larger version - Name: PBSortingError.PNG, Views: 233, Size: 16.64 KB
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
mcaton
Hans and Dys,

Thank you for pointing this out.  Our engineers are aware of the thought sorting issues and requests and hope to enhance these features in a future release.

Thank you,
Matt
Darkstar
Well, now you know, Dyslucksia. Don't be helpful, or the posts might get deleted. If you REALLY spend a long time making a post, I'd recommend you store it in Evernote--- so you can find it again, pictures and all, in the future. Plus, with it in Evernote, you won't have to worry about losing it. And you can even create a "Publically Shared" notebook to put the note into, and then link back to from anywhere else.

Checked out the cached pages at Google and Bing, but no luck on finding what was here before.

Anyways, I dimly recall that your post said, in brief: "To get PB to sort child thoughts in manner that is consistant with normal sorting, you must add a period after the term you want sorted. Otherwise, it does this: (pictures)".
-Darkstar
zenrain
I ated your post.
It were good.
Next time use moar hot sauce plz.

Sincerely
~the forum
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
NorthFarm
We have gone from 5.0.3.7 to 5.5.1.9 without this being fixed

Had hoped a future release as Matt refers to might have been the next one (5.5) but let's see if it gets fixed in 6.0
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
dyslucksia
I agree, this is high on my PB Annoyances list, especially as Reports seems to use a different algorithm.

One workaround is to add a comma, as below:

Before
After

The pic is Normal View, squeezed into a single column.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software