tonja
Hi,

in the business the business-grafic soziogram is quite useful!

For this I need the connections with the orientation:

i) none (trivial)
ii) A -> B (undirectional)
iii) A <-> B (birdrectional)

How can I implement this with PersonalBrain?

Greetings

http://www.google.ch/images?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozillaefficial&client=firefox-a&q=soziogramm&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=Grg6TJSRCMiKOOfSlIoK&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDoQsAQwAw
NorthFarm
Hi Tonja.

Unfortunately there is no way to display the direction of the link.

It is a much wanted feature request by many users of PersonalBrain and have been for quite a while, but it does not seem like it will be implemented.

The directional links can be found in TheBrain's enterprise version of the product though.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
rhodes
Quote:
The directional links can be found in TheBrain's enterprise version of the product though.

Hans, if that's so, I think adding this feature into PersonalBrain would be sufficient to entice most users to upgrade.
Alan Rhodes
NorthFarm
Hi Alan.

I believe the enterprise version (product is called BrainEKP) starts at around $25,000 and then there is a fee per client as well. So I'm not upgrading just yet

If you are still curious you can see more here: http://www.thebrain.com/#-48
----------------------
tonja
Hi Alan,

a superfunction would be:

i) orientation in the connection (trivial, undirectional and bidirectional)
ii) weighting the positiv or negativ strength
iii) autorouting the network - so this show's the strength of the networking
iv) variation in the topic - how we get a new picture = positioning of all individuals to a new topic (to do so it would be necessary to attach the weights of multiple topics to the connections, this means an individual weight for each topic).

I'm sure this would give some very interessting insights.

Greetings,

rhodes
Once you start to attach weights it becomes heavy going.

Tonja, check out this link to see if it may help you. It's the nearest I've found to this type of thing.

Hans, thanks for the link to BrainEKP. Even after reading through its features I failed to find any mention of directional links, though Adathome says he has seen them. I couldn't get the visual demo of BrainEKP to run, even after enabling JavaScript; perhaps this demonstrates it. Where did you actually see unidirectional links mentioned or demonstrated?

By design all TheBrain's links are bidirectional:
Quote:
Note: Links in TheBrain are bi-directional. Creating a link by invoking  createLink(idX, idY, Link.PARENT), is the same as creating the link by invoking createLink(idY, idX, Link.CHILD).

Harlan did appear to leave himself a way out:
Quote:
[1075] In certain embodiments, a link or a link type can be set to indicate direction, for example with an arrow set at one end of the visual indicium of the link. So in the case of a “supervises” link-type, the direction would be from a parent supervisor-thought-type to a child staff-member-thought-type. In the case of a “reports to” link type, the direction would be from a staff-member-thought-type towards a supervisor-thought-type. Directional links can also be implemented in a non-hierarchical context. So for example, in a collection of data items representing legal cases, an “upholds” or “overturns” link-type can be directed from a case-type-thought that supports a legal proposition of linked case-type-thought.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2003/0227487.html

However, since it might be dangerous for PB and BrainEKP to exceed their patent specifications, I doubt we'll see real directional links any time soon. Better to find alternative solutions.
Alan Rhodes
tonja
Hi Alan,

in Mindmanager it is not a big thing to define and chanage the orientation of the links and even you can change the linetype optional (full, dashed, points).

- generate an freestyle link
- options: color, orientation, linetype, strength of the line, name

But here also weights are missing - and there is no dynamic intelligence to feel the forces between the knots.

Even it's sure the DB-datamodel behind must be welldesigned and stabel.

Greetings,

rhodes
I'm not sure that Mind Manager is as scaleable as The Brain or can search its database as well or as quickly, but thanks for the suggestion.
Alan Rhodes
NorthFarm
Hi Alan.

Not sure where I read about it other than it most likely was an old discussion over the same theme. Also, you can actually see the arrowheads on the picture on TheBrains website.

----------------------
rhodes
Quote:
Also, you can actually see the arrowheads on the picture on TheBrains website.

Hans, I had a more careful look at all the pics on the BrainEKP page and also managed to get the movie working (just took ages to download); however, I did not see a single arrowed link (only the mouse cursor). Would you please tell me which picture has them and I will look again.
Alan Rhodes
tonja
Hi Alan,

thanks for the hint, the virtual brainstorming decision matrix is really a great template solution, which enhance the daily productivity.

Only it is very static and I by myself I like very much the hyperdynamic approach of PB!

Greetings,

P.S.

rhodes wrote:

Tonja, check out this link to see if it may help you. It's the nearest I've found to this type of thing.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software