mctrexler
We've created the CliMit Insights Brain from an existing much larger Brain, tagging and copying a couple of hundred thoughts into the new Brain, and then syncing the CliMit Insights Brain to the web. We'll update it the same way.  Several specific questions have arisen:

1.  The famous topic of non-syncing images, but now maybe there's enough information to figure something out.  Out of all the thoughts, two thoughts and their subsidiary thoughts (2 each) did not sync the associated thought icons. So 6 missing thought icons out of a couple hundred.  Not unusual per se, but I've been able to generate a Brainzip from the Webbrain version (with the missing icons), and a Brainzip from the identical Brain on my machine (no missing icons), both attached here (well, that's not true I guess since they exceed 10 MB), in the hope that it might be possible to diagnose the "why" when it comes to these specific thoughts not syncing their icons.  The primary thoughts without icons include the words "2013 Diringer" and "2013/8 A New Climate".

2. On my iphone, I thought that all thoughts that were "too long" to fully display would display more text at the bottom of the screen.  And that happens for about 50% of the thoughts.  But the other 50% of the thoughts display no text at the bottom of the screen.  Why would that be?  For example, "2013 Diringer" shows the thought text at the bottom of the screen.  But its child thought "New agreement" shows no thought text at the bottom of the screen. 

3.  What does it mean on the iOS platform when the red border around a thought simply blinks, sometimes for several seconds.  Does it mean the phone's CPU is otherwise occupied and it's waiting?  Or does it mean something else?

4. In the iOS platform, when you call up a thought icon through the gear wheel and then tapping the icon, usually you can return to the Brain by tapping on the screen when the thought icon is displaying "full screen."  It often goes black for a moment, and then re-displays the Brain.  But for quite a few of the thoughts, the screen stays black until I tap on it AGAIN, and then it goes back to the Brain.  (I had one thought where the Brain froze on the black screen, and I had to close the Brain, but I can't remember which thought!). Is this a known bug? 

mctrexler
Additional information re missing thought icons:

1.  Copying over the thought icons on my desktop that aren't transferring, and then re-sycning to webbrain, doesn't do anything. 
2.  Deleting the thought icons on my desktop version of the Brain, THEN replacing them with the same thought icons from my larger Brain, then syncing, results in them transferring over to the webbrain.

So the problem isn't some technical glitch associated with the thought icon itself, since it's exactly the same icon.  So it must have something to do with . . . what?

Mark
mcaton
Is it possible that the icon issue was just left over from the known, pre 8.0.1.1 icon issue?  The fix for this problem was not that all the icons would start working, but rather, they would work, once they were replaced.  It sounds like this is what happened in step 2 of your second post.  You are running the current 8.0.1.2 - correct?

Regarding #2 in your first post, the thought name will not display if there is not enough room.  This is currently a known issue, but I'll write it up as a feature request to display the thought name anyhow (abbreviated - whatever will fit)

#3 - the red blinking outline.  Could mean a number of things (phone busy, internet busy, ect.) , but most importantly, the application does not yet have the information it needs to update the display after a new thought has just been clicked.

#4 - the black screen.  No, that's a new one.  Informing our team! 

Thanks Mark!
Matt
mctrexler
The dates on the thought icons do indeed suggest they date back to pre-8.0.1.1.   So I'll keep an eye out. 
mctrexler
Followup on missing thought icons.  Have been doing some intensive article mining, and attaching associated thought icons.   Added about 500 thoughts and thought icons to the Team Brain.  They all show up in Webbrain.  About 40% of them don't transfer to the Brain of the other person using Team Brain.   So we're definitely not talking images that predate 8.0.1.1.  So as far as I can tell the icon issue has not been fixed when it comes to Team Brain purposes.  Sigh.

Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software