rustyedges
maybe I'm getting sloppy, but I rely on the spell check capability in v8 when creating new thoughts and in the thought properties.  I don't see this as of 9.0.89.0 and hoping it makes it in?
korm
rustyedges wrote:
maybe I'm getting sloppy, but I rely on the spell check capability in v8 when creating new thoughts and in the thought properties.  I don't see this as of 9.0.89.0 and hoping it makes it in?

+1 Good idea

On OS X, v9 does not display these standard OS X settings/commands in the Edit menu -- it would be helpful it if did.

[Cw8idfq] 

It is possible in to access the Spelling and Grammar menu from the contextual menu when entering thoughts or editing properties, however v9.0.89.0 in OS X both ignores the commands (i.e., spelling is not checked) and ignores the options (i.e., "Check Spelling While Typing" cannot be set and when the command is clicked it is ignored).

Anyway, the infrastructure exists in OS X to do this in a standard way, it needs to be implemented in The Brain.
perry
If you don't mind a comment from a Win10 user (and it doesn't hijack the thread)... I wouldn't mind the ability to display thoughts with mis-spellings (to be corrected), such as a report I guess?
mcaton
We've documented the request and I've recently confirmed that there are more spell checking enhancements to come.

Thank you,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
We've documented the request and I've recently confirmed that there are more spell checking enhancements to come.

Sounds like an interesting carrot [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software