jroeterd
Hello,

I have 4218 installed and when I look to the Statistics I get the following :

So I was looking for the 11 external linked attachments so I could move them into the brain. I am using the Reports and get the following :

Now I don't know which one is telling the correct answer. Anybody can explain to me how I can determine which is right?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Jroeterd

Dryopithecus
Hi,

As far as I know, the Reports doesn't show forgotten thoughts, so I guess there are 9 external attachments have been forgotten.

You can check the forgotten thoughts from the main menu: Options > Forgotten Thoughts.

Regards,
Yang
jroeterd
Hello Yang,

Thanks for the response. I did some cleanup (deleting forgotten thoughts and moving files into the brain) and now I am down to statistics saying I have 6 external file attachments and the reportstool telling me that I have 1 thought with external attachments. Looking at that thought I find 1 attachment (linked) added.

I thought that there mayby where 6 files in the attachment containing folder but in that folder there where in total 9 files and 2 other folders so that was not it. So I have no explanation for it, but it PB is working OK so no problem here.

Off topic : searching for this 'problem' I found a solution for the periodic freezing of the plex and PB which I was experiencing (did not mention it on the forum yet). Seems to be caused by having a linked attachment on a networkdrive by UNC path (the file was in "\\fp01-01\prhc\roeter000\mijn documenten" folder). Removing this file has made the freezing disappear. The freezing happened always for about 10 seconds when I made PB visible from auto-hide or starting the program.

Greetings,
Jroeterd
Harlan
The statistics and the reports use two different methods for counting things. Reports are more accurate generally speaking, but take longer to create. We could investigate exactly what the cause of the discrepancy is if you email a brainzip (without attachments) to support@thebrain.com if you like.
Regards,
-Harlan
jroeterd
Hello Harlan,

No need for investigating this. Just wanted to make it known to everyone. PB is working as it should and I totally like it.

Jroeterd

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software