danlandrum
I've been using TB9 in meetings and running into usability issues which surface doing repetitive tasks.

I know you're already pondering a better way to manually sort, but it bears mentioning again. My data is in Thebrain, and needing to constantly rename thoughts when ordering for the purposes of decision making simply isn't going to cut it. It takes too long.

I love the new look, but when using my human brain to quantify thoughts with types and tags I need a way to keep those lists open when switching thoughts. Am I missing something? Is this possible?

Selection scrolling in all dropdown lists is laboriously slow when holding arrow keys. I can, of course, tap the arrow keys quickly, but in a relatively long list that gets old quickly. It's also annoying in meetings. Upon press and hold of the up or down arrow key, the timing seems to be about two moves per second. Would it be possible for this to be ramped, starting about where it is but speeding up after a couple of moves? It seems to use the same speed in all lists and arrow key thought navigation. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
Quote:
Selection scrolling in all dropdown lists is laboriously slow when holding arrow keys. I can, of course, tap the arrow keys quickly, but in a relatively long list that gets old quickly. It's also annoying in meetings. Upon press and hold of the up or down arrow key, the timing seems to be about two moves per second. Would it be possible for this to be ramped, starting about where it is but speeding up after a couple of moves? It seems to use the same speed in all lists and arrow key thought navigation. 

If you are using the keyboard shortcut to pull up type and tag lists, you can also type the first letter or two (or three etc) of the type/tag name to focus the list to those that contain those letters. This works when both assigning tags or types to a thought, or from the Type and Tag dropdown list from the menu.

To do this, just press the ⌘+(y or g) shortcut you usually would and then start typing the name of the tag/type. When the one you want is outlined (or the only one), press Enter. No scrolling required. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
danlandrum
Thanks, zen. I do that already, but what I'm talking about would be better if the entire list stayed open, and choices could be made without all the opening and closing, and narrowing down which requires you to know ahead of time what you want to choose. In real time, I tend to use lists (tags or types) to create other lists. .
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton
Dan,

Thanks for posting.  We have an existing feature request for an option to keep a Type/Tag windows open.

Thanks,
Matt
danlandrum
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. You may not know the answer to this, but is it correct to assume that your answer would be different if this was a planned feature, rather than just a requested feature? I'm trying to determine if I need to seek another solution for this particular problem. I think we got spoiled when Harlan was rolling out new features like Halloween candy. :-)

Thanks,
Dan
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
Dan,

I think at this point in production, anything that is not already included in TheBrain 9 should be considered a requested feature for the initial release.

If we continue to try and add more and more new features, a full release is going to continue being delayed. We do plan on adding new features after the official release so if something happens to not make it then, it doesn't mean it will never happen.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software