tel
Try as I may, I can't get PersonalBrain 6048 to install on my Gentoo system (AMD64).

I have the full Sun JDK installed, and java -version yields:
java version "1.6.0_21"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode)

When I run the installer, I get:

Starting Installer ...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/install4j/runtime/launcher/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
Could not find the main class: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.  Program will exit.

Any clues?  Thanks!
Kp3aa
I get same error.

ArchLinux 64-bit 2.6.35

java version "1.6.0_21"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode)

Previous version 5.5.2.4 installed fine.
Moe
Thanks for posting. We will check into the problem with he installer. In the mean time, please try installing PersonalBrain using the archive format without an installer. See below for instructions on how to do this.
  1. Download the PersonalBrain Archive format without an installer. You can find the link below the large download button. It will read "For experts only: Archive format without an installer"
  2. Un-compress the archive. You can either un-compress the file with your archive manager or use the command line.
  3. This will yield a folder called PersonalBrain. Copy this folder to your home folder. In the PersonalBrain folder there will be a file called "PersonalBrain", you can double click on this file to start PersonalBrain. If you want you can make an alias to it and place it in your dock.
Thanks,
Moe
Kp3aa

Thanks Moe!

I guess you have forgotten this install problem, please take another look at it. I upgraded to 6.0.6.1 and here's result:

sh PersonalBrain_unix_6_0_6_1.sh
Starting Installer ...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/install4j/runtime/launcher/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
Could not find the main class: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher. Program will exit.

So I had to grab archive format.

Moe
Kp3aa,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue when testing for it with the 6.0.6.1 installer. If you are not using the latest release of Java, please do a clean install of the latest release of Java onto your system to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Moe
askoleg
Moe,

The issue is still there:

oleg@localhost:~> sh /media/VMW/downloads/PersonalBrain_unix_6_0_7_1.sh
Starting Installer ...
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.  Program will exit.

(SLED 11.1 x86_64 with the most recent release of Java installed)

Moe
askoleg, Thanks for posting. We'll re-test the installer to see if we can reproduce this issue. In the meantime, please install using the instructions posted here.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software