rengel
Have a look:

Click image for larger version - Name: DisplayError.png, Views: 94, Size: 86.96 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
hasi123
if there is not enough space, link texts are overlapping, I think that is normal. 
rengel
Must be new. I've never seen this before, even with this brain.

hasi123
how would you expect that view if it would be "normal"?

unfortunately it is fact, that link texts overlap if there is no space. that has been in version 7 and is in version 8 the same. 

in my opinion there has never been any function, that shortens or hides link text, if the link itself is too short, although I would like that function! 

because if I write link texts in my brain it is not readable, so that function is useless.

or do I missunderstand anything? 

Click image for larger version - Name: ver1.png, Views: 70, Size: 61.94 KB Click image for larger version - Name: ver2.png, Views: 74, Size: 39.74 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: ver3.png, Views: 70, Size: 71.06 KB
rengel
OK, hasi123, überzeugt!

hasi123
[smile]

mcaton
Just to clarify... did the same view look different in version 7?

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
hasi123
for me, all over all the plex looks identically, despite of the new problem described here
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/minimizing-hiding-thoughts-in-exp-view-sometimes-not-working-6591368?pid=1280089223#post1280089223

the TS is using the dark theme, so his link texts are white. the main problem is not the version, but that link texts that are longer then the link itself. and that all link texts are shown in the plex. 
a solution would only be to show link texts only for the actual thought, so as the thickened and dotted lines if I hoover over the thought. 
I don't use this function at all. I give a link with some information just the title or subtitle ° so the plex view is clean and I know, that the link itself is containing some more information in the connection-window. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software