b4l4nc3r Show full post »
StevenMay
Ok after a little bit of work I've actually implemented this feature myself

Each expanded view is attached to a thought as a note (simply as the name of the view)

-Then if I want to activate an expanded view all I have to do is to select the thought which contains the expanded view name in notes and copy it.

-Click on a pinned "map" thought icon (it launches the script) and paste copied name in the text input field

-and Bam! I'm in the expanded view of a selected thought.

Don't even need to use the toolbar so no problems anymore. 
It doesn't matter how many expanded views I have. Also I can have as many views "attached" to a single thought as I want to and then I can save views from the toolbar and it works perfectly.
I can post this script if someone is interested...
StevenMay
made a quick vid
glientsc
That's really cool.

"I can post this script if someone is interested..."

Yes, PLEASE!!!

StevenMay

You would want to open the expanded.vbs with any text editor(notepad) and change 2 locations to your locations in the beginning of the script.

Also here is what the script actually does in short:
It moves all of your expanded views to a separate folder then moves the view you specified back to a default PB folder then uses expanded.exe (autohotkey) to send a couple of keystrokes to PB window (alt-v, d, enter) to open the view you specified.

You might want to backup your Brain folder at first just in case

glientsc
Ingenious.
Thank you! :-)

StevenMay
thanks
I actually streamlined the process a little more and now use expanded views EXACTLY as attachments. No need to copy and paste view names to see expanded view... It takes only one click on thought icon to open its expanded view. 
I like this because I don't have to open notes and copy&paste, it's easier to use on my win7 tablet but it takes a little longer to setup 

I modified the script a little and use it as template attachment now. I just paste the name of the view in the script variable instead of notes now.

here is another vid

an updated script 

you still need the expanded.exe (posted above)

a quick how to use demo
glientsc
Wow, I see you really give a lot of thought to the GTD workflow. Love it. And your Saved Theme "Hide untyped links" is quite a hack as well.
The extended View suddenly gets a whole new meaning and usefulness for me!

Promeneur
Hi

Steven (or someone else), the links are dead, if you have a backcup of the scripts I could have, you would save my day... Thank you .
glientsc
see http://forums.thebrain.com/post/How-to-manage-o-lot-of-expanded-views-6343617?pid=1278037880#post1278037880

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software