korm
b157 release notes wrote:
  • (#3574) Activate thought or link attached to an event when clicked in timeline

I suggest that a single click (without a modifying key) on the timeline event brings that thought or link into focus on the plex.  And ⌘-click does that and brings up the event config panel.   Now, in b157, a single click brings up the panel.  When clicking, I usually want to navigate, not configure.  (The exception, of course, is clicking thoughts themselves.)

I also suggest adding an icon / action to the thought configuration panel to activate the event config dialog (i.e., like the clock icon here -- placement for illustration purposes only):

zenrain
korm wrote:

I suggest that a single click (without a modifying key) on the timeline event brings that thought or link into focus on the plex.  And ⌘-click does that and brings up the event config panel.   Now, in b157, a single click brings up the panel.  When clicking, I usually want to navigate, not configure.  (The exception, of course, is clicking thoughts themselves.)

I also suggest adding an icon / action to the thought configuration panel to activate the event config dialog (i.e., like the clock icon here -- placement for illustration purposes only):

+1
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
AmbidexterMan
+1
mcaton
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll document the requests.

Matt
Harlan
Interesting suggestion. This would make editing an event significantly harder. What do you all think about this:

Clicking on an event activates thought/link if there is one and it is not active. If there is no thought/link or it is already active, clicking opens the event properties dialog.

Button to open event from thought properties won't work because there can be multiple events per thought/link. This is what the events tab is for.
Regards,
-Harlan
korm
Harlan wrote:
Clicking on an event activates thought/link if there is one and it is not active.

Looks good.  Just for clarity -- do you mean clicking an event activates the thought/ link and does not open the edit dialog?
Quote:
Button to open event from thought properties won't work because there can be multiple events per thought/link. This is what the events tab is for.

The button idea is intended for rapid access to the edit dialog.   Maybe the button should perform the same actions (chained) as click the button, then click Create Event, then start with the dialog.  Speed to entry is the goal.
zenrain
Quote:
Clicking on an event activates thought/link if there is one and it is not active. If there is no thought/link or it is already active, clicking opens the event properties dialog.

Yes, this would work well (if I'm understanding correctly and the first click activates but doesn't open the dialog when it's not the active thought).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

Correct. Feature request has been updated.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software