korm
1) Consider adding a search box to Preferences > Keyboard.  It saves time.  Search for command name.

2) In the options box (dropdown at the bottom) I suggest changing "bindings" to "shortcuts" or something.  Most folks probably don't recognize the technical term "bindings" perhaps.

3) "Revert Bindings Changes" -- revert what changes?  The ones just made in this session, all changes for all time?  I think most people are used to seeing "Restore Defaults", so maybe use that instead of "Revert"?

4) What is this symbol on the right side of these key glyphs?  I don't recognize what it represents -- is it supposed to be the splitter?

Screenshot of TheBrain (4-21-16, 8-56-18 PM).png 

mcaton
Great feedback.  I'll document these with the engineers for further review.  Regarding the symbols - these are common symbols for Mac users.  Would you rather see them written out?

Thanks,
Matt 

macmenusymbols.png 
korm
mcaton wrote:
Great feedback.  I'll document these with the engineers for further review.  Regarding the symbols - these are common symbols for Mac users.  Would you rather see them written out?

Thanks,
Matt 

macmenusymbols.png 

No, don't spell out the commands. Symbols are fine.

I was not recognizing that you had stacked the tab key symbol -- a forward tab above a back tab. Actually, as your chart (and Apple's own charts) shows there is usually only one tab symbol, the one in your table. I suggest you only use the more commonly used tab symbol in your reply, not the stacked symbols.

Also, in real use you would never have a back tab symbol in the same shortcut as the shift key, because shift-forward tab creates a back tab. In other words, there would be no physical way to do the third shortcut in the image in my first posting: shift-control-forward tab-back tab. The shortcut is merely shift-control-tab, so use the standard tab symbol.
mcaton
Thanks for the additional information.  I'll update/clarify the report on this.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
Fixed. Thanks. [smile]
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software