tonja
Hi,

a very handy feature would be that I can switch the background on the fly!

How it works?

The "concept"...

- Fist step I need to save an expanded view. And for this view I can specify an background-image which belongs to this view.
- Now I can save many extended views, all in the same brain and all with a unique background.
- Now I can easely switch between my moods or view or backgrounds I only must show one of my saved views. The backgrounds remains the same until I switch to the next extended view.

In this way the background becomes more unique and I can "switch" my emotions during a long construction of an brain over the years.

By the way this was also the method of the philosophers "Stoiker". They walked around during their discussions and for example have seen a tree. Later they see a tree and remind the old arguments and begin to check if these are still valid after all the pased discussions.

Greetings,

rhodes

This takes advantage of the well known psychological fact that the more features that distinguish A from B, the easier it is to recall them individually.

The real test is, if you're away from your computer and think of a particular Brain Thought, can you form a mental picture of the plex and which other Thoughts hang off it? This is why Expanded view works better here than Normal View, since the spatial positions of the Thoughts can be made unique to each expanded view and stay that way.

It should be easy for them to tie a particular view to a particular background, wallpaper or theme. Particularly if you're using PB to cram for an exam, you want to make each saved view as different from the others as possible to help you remember it better.

I wish PB could make more use of sound as well as sight, e.g., play a sound file when hovering over a particular thought, as long as that doesn't drive you mad.

"Stoiker" is what we call Stoics, right?

Alan Rhodes
tonja
Hi Alan Rhodes,

yes in english Stoics.

I checked it out in a round the world tripp and it realy works!

And shure that the dougle or multicoding of any kind of information will help the limited human brain to remember the big picture and the details of an new topic.

Greetings,

NorthFarm
I've previously suggested that we should be able to select backgrounds per Thought. Please look here: http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain/suggestions/72665-dynamic-background , I currently have 7! votes beside my own, so it's not the most wanted feature at this time

Assigning them per view would also be nice.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
tonja
Hi Alan Rhodes,

here some concept how to move the mood in 2 dimensions:

http://musicovery.com/
(Just click in the square from dark2positive and calm2energetic, it will play this type of sound... ... which give a funny sound-(back)ground... for easy thinking...)

Greetings,

rhodes
Thanks tonja for the musicovery link - it may be just what I need!
Alan Rhodes
Spacenexus
[Humble apologies for diverging way off topic with a 'jump thought' on a saturday evening: http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix.

Enjoy!

Jim]

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
tonja
Hi Spacenexus,

sounds like an open-plan office simulation, to find the right motion to somebodys seat and how the new telefon-backround-sound would "look" like.

Greetings,

tonja
Hi NorthFarm,

sure I voted for this background feature. I suggested the same and with the arguments against I tried to minimise the scope to only the essential, so it will be possible to reach an non-static background, but which still will not be to neveous.

So if I change my expaned view, it will be very likley that I change the mindmapping-topic and my mood too.

Greetings,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software