deutschblitz
Being bilingual and finding no efficient way to set up the brain in 2 languages without causing some serious redundancy, I thought it would be beyond neat to be able to JUST use icons and symbols to convey the meaning. But regardless of my proposal of use, it would just be a good idea in general to be able to use ONLY icons, where desired.

As I can see, you are already allowing to not enter any name for the node and leave it blank. I now have a blank node with a cloud icon associated with it. Unfortunately the cloud icon only becomes visible when I hover over the node without a name. The cloud is nice and big too. If you could just have it actually show up permanently instead of just when I hover over it, that would be awesome.

SIMPLIFIED: Icons do not show up properly when the node name is being left blank - This should actually be listed under BUGS. It's a bug.
ruudhein
Tip: try using unicode characters. Works pretty well in TB
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.50.0
rengel
That seems to be an easy one.
Have a look at 'Preferences|Thoughts|Tags text' and 'Preferences|Thoughts|Tags icons'.
I'm using this all the time:
icons.png   
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
rengel
ruudhein wrote:
Tip: try using unicode characters. Works pretty well in TB

Thanks! Have a list of Unicode Characters that represent graphics/icons? Just asking...😉
It would be nice, to have such a table on demand.

ruudhein
I have this one in my Dynalist
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.50.0
rengel
Ah, great! Thank you!

MalecJan
Might be helpful: http://shapecatcher.com/
(sketch image and get unicode symbols with similar shape)
rengel
MalecJan wrote:

Thanks for the tip! What a small and nifty tool!

rengel

SIMPLIFIED: Icons do not show up properly when the node name is being left blank - This should actually be listed under BUGS. It's a bug.

Have you tried just one letter (i.e. an underscore) for the name and give the foreground and the background the same color?

rengel
I just tried to combine the tips of ruudhein and MalecJan. The result is a perfect, symbol-only thought name:
unicode.png

deutschblitz
@rengel On the iPad version, the tags are not showing like on the web or on the desktop version, they get reduced to just a tag symbol indicating that there is a tag.
deutschblitz
@rengel and @ruudhein Pasting the unicode symbol is the ticket for a perfectly centered and even color customizable icon. Thankgs guys.
ruudhein
MalecJan wrote:

Thanks -- that's a very nice tool to add to my brain

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software