rojeras
Hi,

I am considering to store my files in PB (instead of linking). PB is excellent as a file navigator, and that means that I can drag a file directly from a mail attachment to PB och attach/link it in the right place in my brain. To first save in a folder and then link to a thought involve more steps.

But I still want to be able to access the files through windows explorer. I know that internal files are stored in the Files folder in the brain, but they are stored under the Thought GUID and not that easy to find. The "Export - To Folders" command solves this, but it actually creates a copy of the file.

I think it would be very nice if the "Export - To Folders" had an option to, instead of a copy of the file, create a symbolic link to the file in the brain. That way it would be easy to navigate among the files in both PB and Win explorer, and there is just a single copy of each file.

Regards, rojeras

-----------------------------------
Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
zenrain
Agreed, this would be a useful option.
+1
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software