scbret
Using TheBrain 7 on a windows pc and a macbook air. I sync the same brain via webbrain so when I travel the air is in sync with my office pc. When I run Brain Statistics on both computers for the brain I'm syncing through my paid webbrain acct the "Internal File Attachments" number is way off by over 100 between the same brain on my windows pc and my macbook air? All the other stats are the same except for activations of course.
How do I find out what's missing/why the difference in Internal File Attachments?
mcaton
Thank you for posting.  Are your running TheBrain 7.0.1.8 on both machines?

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
Yes I am
mcaton
Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We'll do some additional testing to see if we can find the cause/solution to this issue. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of the original Brainzip for our internal testing?  You can send it into support@thebrain.com and reference this thread.  If this is not an option, what type of attachments do you have in this Brain, and how many do you have?

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
See the attached screen shots of Stats from each computer.
The attachments are mostly PDF's but would also be MS Office files as well as some images, ex. jpg, png.
Click image for larger version - Name: Stats-WIN7-PC.png, Views: 139, Size: 30.58 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Stats-MacbookAir.png, Views: 141, Size: 39.24 KB
mcaton
Steve,

Our engineers have recently addressed this issue.  While there are some anomalies that can creep into the stats based on how they are calculated, your brains should be the same.

When you sync your Brain, the differences between the online version and the local version are exchanged. These differences are calculated based on the last known time they were in sync.

If at some point this last known time is wrong, it is possible that some true differences may be missed. This may have happened at some point during the beta process when there was a problem with the sync logic on either side (server or client).

To correct this, you need to use the "Force re-sync" option and enter a date that is far back enough to get the true point in time at which the brains were the same. You must do this on both machines once. After both have completed this once, do a regular sync from both machines. If after doing this, there are still differences, then that indicates that the date you set was not early enough.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance in correcting this.  We're happy to join you in a web meeting to review this process together.

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
Matt,
What if I just make a brainzip of the brain on the windows machine (it shows the highest number of internal attachments). 

Then delete the brain on the macbook air and webbrain.

Re-sync the brain to webbrain from the windows machine.
Restore the brainzip to the macbook air.
Sync the macbook air to webbrain.

Everything should be the same at that point and the statistics should match correct?
mcaton
Steve,

Yes, this should accomplish the same results for you.  Make sure you have a good backup before you start deleting anything!  Please keep me posted on your progress.

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
Matt,
Made a brainzip from the Windows machine. Deleted the brain on the Macbook Air and from webbrain.
Synced with webbrain again from Windows machine.
Restored the brainzip onto the Macbook Air. (All statistics matched at this point)
Synced the Macbook Air with webbrain. (Now internal file attachments does not match again, even farther off than originally in above post.
Ran "Check for modified attachments" and now internal file attachments is closer to the Windows machine but still way off.
Have version 7.0.2.4-b of TheBrain on both machines.
Click image for larger version - Name: Win7-stats.png, Views: 126, Size: 28.86 KB Click image for larger version - Name: MacbookAir1.png, Views: 122, Size: 36.94 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: MacbookAir2.png, Views: 123, Size: 37.07 KB
scbret
Matt,
After the previous post I synced the Windows machine again and checked the statistics again on it. Now the number of internal file attachments has changed on it. I don't get it??
Click image for larger version - Name: Win7stats-2.png, Views: 126, Size: 28.28 KB
mcaton
Steve,

Thank you for the update.  Sorry to hear that the statistics are still fluctuating.  Would you be available for a one on one web meeting to review this together?  Please contact me at support@thebrain.com or matt@thebrain.com and let me know what time might work best for you.

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
Today I can't sync from the Windows machine. Been out traveling all week and synced from the Macbook but can't get the changes synced to the Windows machine. Tried multiple times, even force re-sync. It progresses along like it's going to sink and then finally errors out as attached image. No problems syncing from the Macbook.

Click image for larger version - Name: sync_failed.png, Views: 126, Size: 19.51 KB
mcaton
Steve,

Thank you for reporting this.  We've made some recent changes to the WebBrain server and we're looking into this issue now.

Thank you,
Matt
scbret
Matt,
I sent you an email on Feb. 21 as per your request on the 21st regarding web meeting but unfortunately received no reply back.

Finally, just a little while ago I was able to sync the brain on my Windows machine again with webbrain without the error message:Could not receive the remote delta file. And of course the Internal File Attachments has changed again and is even farther off (it now says 794) than originally from the same brain on my Macbook (it says 593).

Just to make sure I looked again on the Webbrain about page and it does say "a paid premium subscription enables synchronization of file attachments"

Is my mistake using TheBrain 7 or using Webbrain?
mcaton
Steve,

Sorry if I misunderstood our meeting time.  I was under the impression that you were out of the office last week.  I'll contact you today regarding a scheduled meeting.

We're continuing our review of this issue and a one on one meeting would be very helpful for our research.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software