mcaton
Wanted to let everyone know that we're making some major updates to a new build - both the desktop version and the server that Brains are syncing too.  Many exiting improvements are in store, but it requires disabling the sync capabilities in v9 for the time being.  We'll keep you posted as to when the sync has returned.

Thank you!
Matt
Harlan
Thanks for your patience. Please update to TheBrain 9.0.88 to re-enable sync.
Regards,
-Harlan
hwilderb
I am still getting the error message that says I am not authorized to sync.
DrBop
I am also (still) receiving the "not authorized to sync this Brain" error message.

Three things to note:

1) This is the Brain that I sent to y'all (twice, as requested) for testing on this very issue many weeks back.

2) I did delete and reimport this Brain into this latest v9 release before attempting a sync.

3) The v8 version of this Brain syncs just fine on multiple machines.

Don
ptc22030
Using TheBrain 9.088 and still can't import my v.8 Brain.

Keep getting this error:

"/Users/name/.TheBrain/v9/Working/ ... /.data/con.png already exists"    OK?

Anything I can fix or change?
Cerebrum
hwilderb wrote:
I am still getting the error message that says I am not authorized to sync.
Getting the same error for one of my brains but the sync works fine for two other brains.
mcaton
Paul,

In regards to the import issue.  Our engineers have fixed this specific issue and we hope to have a new build out soon that will allow you to import an not display the ".png already exists" error.

Don,

I believe we have a copy of your Brain - correct?  Have you successfully synced this Brain in the past?

Thanks,
Matt
DrBop
Matt,

You have a copy of the v8 Brain which syncs fine. The v9 version has never synced. Always generated the "not authorized" error.

Don
mcaton
Don,

Thanks for the confirmation. We tested Syncing with this Brain to a sample account prior to the ability of changing the GUID.  I believe we called our copy the "dwbBrain". Therefore, since it synced once with OUR account, with it's current GUID, it cannot be synced to ANOTHER user account.  So the warning message you are seeing actually means that our security systems are working.

Please try the following:

From your All Brains tab, right click on this Brain and select "Assign Brain new GUID..."
Once the new GUID is assigned - please open this Brain and try syncing again. Let us know the results.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software