metta
Attempted manual sync immediately after reporting my recent Note and Attachment Bugs.

Received the following error message:
-- Sync Failed: Error Retrieving Remote Sync File

Background:
-- Problem occurred on my Win7 PC desktop.
-- I had just closed and reopened TB9 due to bugs with my notes and attachments (see link above).
-- I had not navigated or engaged in any activity in TB9 (that I can recall) prior to initiating the sync.
-- Closing/reopening TB9 did not resolve the issue.

Output log is attached (again), in case it may be of some help.

Thanks,
Metta

metta
[Later]

Odd....Just now synced with no problem on a smaller brain in the SAME v9 brain installation on my desktop computer.

Both of the brains in question are relatively small test brains located on adjacent tabs in my v9 installation -- and one brain syncs just fine while the other one doesn't.

In case it might help to compare the 2 brains, I've provided screenshots of the stats for both brains.

Please note that it is the first of the 2 brains I'm having trouble syncing.

TheBrain9-Beta_Stats.png 
TestBrainBackgrounds-Stats.png 
Hope this additional information is helpful.
metta
FYI, this evening I opted to switch to the Alpha channel in the hope of resolving the aforementioned sync issue. Will let you know if this problem recurs.
mcaton
Metta,

Have you ever successfully synced the "bad Brain" in the past?  Early on in our Beta, some Brains were partially synced.  The same type of error message appears when trying to sync these Brains now.  To resolve this, right click on TheBrain's Thumbnail in the Brain List and select Assign Brain New GUID.  When this is complete, try syncing again and keep me posted.

Thanks,
Matt
metta

Thanks for your feedback, Matt. I've had occasional problems syncing with both brains in the past, but more recently (with recent V9 updates) most of the sync processes appear to have been successful.

However, I will keep an eye on this and let you know if I have any recurring issues.

In the meantime, I do appreciate your recommendation to assign a new GUID, and I will definitely take advantage of this option if the sync issue persists.

mcaton
Thanks for the update Metta and glad to hear that recent syncs have all been successful.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software