leolit
Please! Please make this simple feature, as an option. Especially "sync and exit": when you close the brain, it first makes sync with the cloud, then exit. Very simple thing, no new modules to code, but sooo needed!
Tracy
Hi Leolit,
Thanks for posting! Although we don't have a  "sync and exit" feature, you can set your Brain to Sync Automatically. Once you set this, you will never have to worry about remembering to sync. TheBrain will just sync behind the scenes every couple minutes. I like your sync and exit idea as well so I'll make sure to pass along your feedback to our development team. Thanks again
Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
I can see where such a feature would be useful, but I do have one worry as (if) more people are working collaboratively on Brains.  We've had situations where something odd happened (a significant chunk of new information did not transfer from one person's Brain to the other) and we're pretty sure it had to do with the fact that we had both simultaneously synced the night before, and somehow the date stamps guiding the syncing process had confused one of the syncs.  So now we make sure we don't sync simultaneously.

Tracy, I'm curious whether this is even possible (if the "same Brain" is simultaneously being synced to multiple computers, is there any way that could happen?). 

And even if it shouldn't be possible, I'll admit that the idea of using the "constant update" feature (which I used for a while) on the same Brain across multiple machines scares me. Syncing the Brain across computers 1000 times a day seems MUCH more demanding and MUCH more risky than once a day. 

Again, perhaps this concern is unwarranted based on how the Brain syncing works, but when the stakes are so high . . . .

Mark
ShelleyHayduk
You can sync concurrently without issue. The fact that you both synced at the same time would have nothing to do with information transfer. Perhaps your sync was interrupted due to internet connectivity or something else and that is why the data transfer did not happen.

I sync at the same time with people at the office. In fact it's a great way to make sure you are all update, if you don't have auto sync checked as Tracy recommends.
Shelley

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software