JohnAtl
Made some updates to my brain on ios. These changes are visible on the web version of the brain, but do not appear on my macOS software.
I've logged out of my TheBrain account and back in.
Quit and restarted the software a couple of times.
I tried the sync button several times, and it says no changes to sync.

Please advise.

Version 10.0.36.0
John

galenmenzel
Have you contacted tech support (support@thebrain.com)? That's where I'd start if I were having this problem.
mcaton
John,

There is a sync button on the new iOS version as well.  Our old iOS app was directly connected to TheBrain Cloud, now, you have an offline copy of your Brain. When you make changes on iOS, be sure to click the sync (cloud icon) button.

Ah, wait.  You mentioned you are seeing this on the web version.  Is that at app.thebrain.com?

Thank you,
Matt
JohnAtl
Yes
John

JohnAtl
Desktop on the left, web on the right, iPad below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 5.54.34 PM.png   
IMG_2418.png
John

mcaton
John,

Thank you for the helpful screenshots.  On the desktop app, there is a cloud icon at the top.  Next to the cloud icon is a small, downward facing arrow.  If you click on this arrow, does it say "Up to Date" or "Remote Changes"?  

RemoteChanges.png 

Thank you,
Matt
JohnAtl
It says it is synced, and up to date.
Interestingly, I added thoughts to the Software thought. They are showing up on my iPad, but the Python thought is still not showing up on my iMac Pro.
(Just noticed a Basecamp 3 Help thought under tools on the iPad Pro that isn't on the iMac Pro either.)

I can try logging out of my account on the iMac Pro if you want. I thought there might be diagnostics you want to do before that though.

# Sync Settings
Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.59.09 AM.png 

# iMac Pro (Git thoughts added here. Python not here.)
Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 9.02.43 AM.png 
# iPad Pro (Git thoughts shown here)

IMG_2420.jpg
John

galenmenzel
John, have you verified that the Python node is not in the mac brain at all? I ran across a case last night in my brain (running on 10.0.48) where a two nodes were connected as parent and child, but due to a rendering bug, they would only occasionally actually display properly in the graph. Typically when you navigated to the parent it would show up as having no children, and if you tried to add the child to the parent nothing would happen (because presumably the database wasn't changing so the graph didn't need to be updated).

In terms of diagnosing the problem, it would be good to know if the node is not being synced to your mac, or if the node is being synced but the link is not being displayed correctly. Does the node not show up in a node search?
JohnAtl
No, just tried it and it says 0 matches.

To your point: I did have a thought the other day that I tried to add, it didn't appear, tried again and it said it was already in the brain. Some juggling around, maybe a search, and I found it.
John

galenmenzel
BTW, it turns out my issue was not a bug — I didn't understand how one-way notes affect the display of nodes in the plex.
JohnAtl
galenmenzel wrote:
BTW, it turns out my issue was not a bug — I didn't understand how one-way notes affect the display of nodes in the plex.

And in turn, I don't understand what a one-way note is :-)
John

galenmenzel
Sorry I mean one-way links.
mcaton
John,

I'm still puzzled.  Ok, next test. Please rename `Python` to `Python 2` and resync.  See if this gives the content a nudge. 

I also noticed the Basecamp 3 thought and then read about it in your post...

Ah!... Just had a flash of possibilities.  How was the Python thought created? Manually, or from an import?

Thanks,
Matt
JohnAtl
Can't remember how I created the Python thought.

I just renamed it to Python 2 on my MBP, but still no banana.

Laptop on the left, iMac Pro on the right. Click image for larger version - Name: Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.52.56 PM.png, Views: 35, Size: 835.89 KB
John

mcaton

John,

Next test is verifying that these are the same two Brains.  Please click on File > Statistics and confirm that they have the same GUID.  If so, I think we should schedule a web meeting to take a closer look and expedite troubleshooting...

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software