dcb_oz
I'm syncing my first brain to webbrain and it's large (why not push a system to the limits when trialling it). The brainzip is 2.3gb, though I understand the larger attachments that make this up will not be synced.

The sync has run all night. I can see +1-2GB on my plan usage but other than that I have no way of knowing if anything is really happening. I keep getting told Dropbox is not recommended over Webbrain, but it would have been done by now and shows me progress.

Is there a way to get a % update or something similar? It would be useful.

Thanks,

David
mcaton
David,

Thank you for the feedback.  Yes, we do have a % status request on our feature request list.  Please feel free to add or vote on this request on our http://thebrain.uservoice.com page.

Also, as you may know, Dropbox can potentially cause harm to your database.  This is the reason it is not recommended.

And finally, we are still tracking a few sync issues after the recent upgrade of WebBrain.  Please feel free to exit this Brain and then come back and start sync again.  Any previous sync work will not be lost and the sync will pick up right where it left off.

Thank you,
Matt
dcb_oz
Thanks Matt. I can see progress via the progress bar as long as I don't click off it. The brain is loading slowly 800/2300mb so I assume it will get there eventually. Once done I'll make my decision to work with Webbrain or to keep Dropbox as my cross-platform sharing solution.

Regards,

David

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software