fnickel
Is it normal for the sync to take five minutes or longer?  I'm using web brain to sync one brain i use, at home and at work.  The snyc on either end ususally take upwards of five minutes, meanwhile I can't use the brain.  The progress bar also shows no progress, it just spins, so half the time I think it's stuck and the other half I think it might actually be doing something.  An upgrade to at least show the user what it is doing at what point might help.  

Thanks
Frank
zenrain
I've experienced times > 5 min very sporadically, but it usually clears up in the same day. On a normal day it usually it only takes my brain ~ 1 min (on a normal speed cable modem).
You can close the window, and it will sync in the background while you continue working. You might also want to check the sync.log located in your PersonalBrain database folder to see if there are any error messages.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
Of course, after I replied to this, I started noticing that my first sync o' the day takes about that long.
*Sigh*

Because it seems to be around 8:00am PST (or at least for me, I've noticed later syncs are much faster, hopefully if people are seeing at different times they will correct me ) I'm wondering if it's an issue with traffic. The sync log shows a lot of timeouts, and WebBrain is also extremely slow to load.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software