mikesingleton
I'm sure I reported this last week but I cannot find my post now. Sync to Google is no longer working for me. Is this a systemic issue or just a problem on my desktop?
I heard Google stopped their sync feature last month and wonder if this is the issue with the Brain not syncing to Google now?
pthompson
Mike,

Can you provide more detail? What is not working, specifically? Is an error shown when trying to sync or does nothing happen at all when trying to sync? Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.

mikesingleton
Hello Patrick, when I sync calendar to Google calendar it indicates it is syncing but the events I have added in the brain do not show in the Google calendar. No error message is shown.
Mike
mikesingleton
Is this lack of sync to Google calendar acknowledged as an issue or is it just me whose calendar is no longer syncing?
pthompson
Mike,

Yes, it is a known issue. It works for some, partially for others, and not at all for others. Due to the different types of Google accounts that can be used with Google and security that they use, on top of the fact that they are constantly making changes, it is difficult to find a solution right away.
mikesingleton
Thank you Patrick, I very much appreciate the response. It is not a huge issue for me but it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I look forward to it being fixed. It would be even nicer if the calendar could be synced to Outlook calendar [smile]

GerSch
Something special with Google Calendar today? There is no sync possible. The sync process is only shown very shortly on top of TheBrain. Normally it needs a lot more time.
GerSch
Can it be that Google changes or stopped there API since 17.11.2014? I have similar problems with another programm, TV-Browser. There Google Calendar Export did not work,too.
GerSch
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/migration

Is that the problem?
GerSch
Hello??? This is a major BUG for me! I can´t link my thoughts to Google Calendar, no dates, no tasks. This reduces my productivity and makes me a lot of problems in my business. Why is there no answer? I feel alone...
zenrain
You might try emailing support.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
GirSch,

Yes, please send a note to support@thebrain.com.  We'd like to do a more in depth review with you to try and troubleshoot this issue.

It seems that sync was working for you at one time, correct?  Does anything sync now in your calendar (Brain to Google and/or Google to Brain)?  Can you try a calendar sync from a Test Brain and get the same results?

Thank you,
Matt
GerSch
This version enables sync of calendar events to Google Calendar.

Version 8.0.1.9

July 21, 2015

• Enabled Sync of calendar events to Google Calendar
    • Note: Sync is one directional only. Events created in TheBrain will be sent to Google Calendar and events modified in TheBrain will be updated on Google Calendar. Events will not be received from Google Calendar.

Version 8.0.2.0

July 24, 2015

• Fixed: When using version 8.0.1.9, sometimes thoughts are not synced.

@Harlan, great that there is part of a solution for the not working Google Calendar Sync, after more than seven months :-(. I think it is fair to give us an explantion why the sync is only working in one direction and if you are working on the other half of the problem. Google Calendar Sync is (for me) one of the major features of V8 and I really can´t understand why you handle the problem in this way. I am easily angered, as you hopefully can understand.
pthompson
GerSch,

We are not planning on enabling two-way syncing for TheBrain Calendar. Fixing this so that calendar items can only be synced out of a Brain was intentional.
CaptainJustice
It does sync OUT the entry when first made in Brain. BUT, changes to that item in brain do NOT sync out. Neither a time change nor day change is made in google.

That makes the sync less than useful.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
SamsungS10+
Working (still) at https://judgegiljones.com and
Playing at https://captainjustice.net

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software