Vadych
If I choose the time of the event "all day", the Google calendar displays the event on the previous day.
For example, I chose 07.12.19 and the event is displayed on 07.11.19.
If you specify the time of the event, this problem does not occur.
And question. Whether in TB to display all the events included in the calendar, which syncs with TB?
Brigitte
Thank you for writing in. We are aware of this issue and it has been documented. We will notify you once it's fixed.

Google calendar is a two-way sync and you should see google calendar events in TheBrain as well.

Best regards,
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Kawlinz
Syncing with google calendar is something I have to do nearly every time I log in. I got to my timeline view, see nothing, and go to my google calendar to see nothing synced, go thru the process. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's just annoying to have to do
mcaton
Vince,

Thank you for posting. We do hope to make the Google Sync feature more stable and reliable in a future build. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Matt
mcaton
Good news. The issue of all day events appearing on the wrong date has been addressed in our latest 11.0.81 build. This new build can be downloaded on our Alpha Channel. The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

Thank you,
Matt
tcison
I just tried to sync my google calendar a few hours ago, and even restarted a couple of times, but have no joy.  What can I check or do to fix please?
peterB
Hi @tcison,

Thanks for writing in. We're sorry to hear google calendar isn't working for you. There are a couple known issues with it for which we have workarounds.

The calendar sync is tied to TheBrain's normal sync, which has the unfortunate side effect that if there are no changes to a brain's own content to prompt TheBrain to perform a sync, it won't perform a sync and thus won't sync with Google Calendar either. If you're frequently working in your brain and have it on autosync, this should mostly not be too much of a problem. But you might sometimes have situations where your brain hasn't had any changes to prompt a sync, and thus has not fetched from google either. If you want to force the changes from google to be pulled in, you should be able to make a small change in TheBrain, just modify a note or add a temporary thought or something, then hit the sync button, and as part of that process it will query google for changes as well.

If that still doesn't work to get Google Calendar synced, then you might get it to work by resetting it's connection to TheBrain.

First, remove the authorization from the Google side:

1. login to myaccount.google.com
2. on the list on the far left, go to "Security"
3. go down the page a bit to a box titled "Third-party apps with account access" and select "Manage third-party access"
4. Then select "TheBrain" and click "Remove Access"

Then, back in TheBrain, add your account again like normal as you've done before. But this time it should stay connected.

Hopefully that gets it to work. These fixes have worked for many, but not all, users with this google sync issues. Unfortunately Google calendar sync has been somewhat finicky for us. We do hope to make it more reliable in the future

Let us know how that works!

-Peter
tcison
That worked great.  Modifying my brain and then syncing worked perfectly.  Thanks for the insight and tips Peter.

Cheers!
Tc
peterB
Great! Glad you got it to work. Thanks for letting us know.

-Peter
eddie
Vadych wrote:
If I choose the time of the event "all day", the Google calendar displays the event on the previous day.
For example, I chose 07.12.19 and the event is displayed on 07.11.19.
If you specify the time of the event, this problem does not occur.

Despite the fact that this issue is supposed to be fixed, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing with Google Calendar with the latest version of TB.

Presently using 11.0.119.0 on Windows 10.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software