GerSch
Are there any plans to make it possible to sync with more than the standard Google Calendar? One of the most important advantages of Google Calendar is that you can work with different calendars. So what sense makes it that we only can sync one calendar???????????
mcaton
GerSch,

Thanks for posting.  I can document this as a feature request.  However, since it's a two way sync, once you sync Calendar A into TheBrain, and then sync TheBrain with Calendar B... All of the Cal A events (now in TheBrain) will be merged into Google Calendar B.  Do you envision this working differently?

Thank you,
Matt
dlorde
mcaton wrote:
... However, since it's a two way sync, once you sync Calendar A into TheBrain, and then sync TheBrain with Calendar B... All of the Cal A events (now in TheBrain) will be merged into Google Calendar B.  Do you envision this working differently?

I don't currently use the TB9 timeline because of this problem - I use a separate Google calendar for each class of events I'm interested in - this way I can display all the calendars or just the calendar(s) that happen to be relevant to my needs at the time.

To function correctly with this (fairly common) scenario, TB9 would need to do what other 3rd party calendar apps do - handle a list of account calendars and either sync with them individually (behind the scenes), or have the user set a default calendar for new events. 

For example, on my Andriod phone, I use Calengoo, which allows calendars to be downloaded from, and sync'd with, Google and Android accounts, with visibility selection and colour options for each calendar. It allows the selection of a default calendar for new entries, with the option to add a new entry to a different calendar, and can also download and display public calendars (e.g. for sports events, etc).
mcaton
Dav,

Thank you for sharing your user experience. I've documented a new feature request for options to sync with multiple calendars.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software