Ting
1.Can the MD syntax symbols not be displayed in the notes? When I typeset the notes, "**" appears in bold and "h1" appears in the title, which seriously affects the overall reading experience and tidiness of the notes. If there is this setting Please ignore me, please keep your brain clean and tidy, thank you!

2."macOS Dock Drag and Drop" shows "You must log in to use BrainBox" when I drag the picture to the Brain icon in the Dock bar. I have logged in to my account in TheBrain app. Is it because I am missing any steps or the program error?
NickMilner
You can't hide the markdown tags while you edit, but there are a couple of things that might help:
  1. There's an option to hide the tags when you're not editing a note - Preferences->Notes Editor->Hide system tags when inactive
  2. You can press Command-S when editing a note to quickly switch focus to the search box. When used in conjunction with (1) it has the effect of quickly viewing the note without the tags. Pressing Command-N brings you right back to where you were so you can continue editing.
I've not experienced the login issue so I can't help you with that, sorry.
mcaton
Additionally, Harlan Hugh just wrote a fantastic blog article about the thinking that went into our Markdown Notes Editor that you may find interesting: https://www.thebrain.com/blog/markdown-vs-html

Regarding the drag and drop to your macOS doc, make sure that TheBrain desktop application is running (even if it is minimized) and that you are logged in.  If you close the desktop application, drag and drop to the doc will not work.

Thanks,
Matt
Ting
@mcaton
Thank you, MD is definitely a good grammar, but you have misunderstood what I mean. It doesn’t matter to me what grammar and editor you use. As you said, MD is liked by many writers and bloggers. Its advantage is publishing , Note, it is for publication. I use TheBrain for thinking and storage, and for the review of future knowledge. The grammatical mark of MD displayed in the notes affects the reading experience. For MD writing software, I use Ulysses, iA Writer, and a lot of notes. I feel that the advantage of MD is the "preview" experience after publication. If I remember correctly, the inventor of this grammar was a blogger. Please the development team pay attention to this issue, thank you!

PS:Here we seem to have entered a misunderstanding, one is the reading experience not in the editing state, and the other is the writing and reading experience in the editing state.
mcaton
I understand that you do not want the Markdown tags being visualized while editing in the note. We do have a feature request for this and I'm happy to add your vote to the list.

Thank you,
Matt 
Ting
mcaton wrote:
I understand that you do not want the Markdown tags being visualized while editing in the note. We do have a feature request for this and I'm happy to add your vote to the list.

Thank you,
Matt 

Thank you, although TheBrain has a long history, I am a newcomer and I am honored to find TheBarin, because it is useful to me, so I hope it is good. The harsh language comes from the love of it!
dlorde
I quite often get the BrainBox login problem when I'm using the Edge (or Chrome, or Brave) browser, although I always have TheBrain app running and logged in before using it. For this reason, I tend not to use BrainBox, I just copy the URL from the address bar and paste it into a new thought in TheBrain. 

It seems to be that when the browser is launched, the BrainBox wants a login before use even if TheBrain app is open and logged-in.
DavidGretzschel
@dlorde
Yeah, I don't consider the BrainBox worth bothering with on Desktop.
How to make this url-copying process fast, will be part of my next blog post.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

dlorde
@dlorde
Yeah, I don't consider the BrainBox worth bothering with on Desktop.
How to make this url-copying process fast, will be part of my next blog post.

Excellent, I'll look forward to that!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software