korm
It is possible to give a tag a tag, but the tag does not appear next to the tag thought (as on a "normal" thought), and so there is no place to click to navigate to the tag's tag.

Tags on types work fine.
mcaton
When you are assigning a Tag to a Tag, you are creating a nesting or hierarchy.  So I can have a tag called Dog, and in the tag properties, I'll assign the tag Pet.  When I look at my complete tag list, I see that Dog is nested under Pet.  We've always had this capability with Thought Types, but now it applies to Tags as well and can be very helpful when running reports.

Thanks,
Matt
korm
mcaton wrote:
When you are assigning a Tag to a Tag, you are creating a nesting or hierarchy.  So I can have a tag called Dog, and in the tag properties, I'll assign the tag Pet.  When I look at my complete tag list, I see that Dog is nested under Pet.  We've always had this capability with Thought Types, but now it applies to Tags as well and can be very helpful when running reports.

Yes, right.  Sure.  That wasn't my point.  When you tag a "normal" thought, the tag icon appears and can be clicked to navigate to that tag.   If you tag a tag, the icon does not appear.   That's all.
mcaton
It seems that we need to clarify our process for setting up "sub-tags" and "super-tags".  The process for doing this is the same as "tagging a thought" but as you've mentioned, "tagging a tag" has a different outcome...

Thank you,
Matt 
Cerebrum

mcaton wrote:
We've always had this capability with Thought Types, but now it applies to Tags as well and can be very helpful when running reports.
In Reports, Tags don't work the same as Types.

With Types, I can select a "parent" Type and all Types below are automatically selected.
With Tags, I have to manually select the "child" Tags. The hierarchy seems to be just to help organize the Tags. Is there another benefit?

metta
@Matt ~

You wrote: "It seems that we need to clarify our process for setting up "sub-tags" and "super-tags". The process for doing this is the same as "tagging a thought" but as you've mentioned, "tagging a tag" has a different outcome..."

In this context, I was surprised to discover that tagging a tag created a duplicate tag in my tag list. Is that an intended outcome? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

If this duplicate display is intentional, can you explain the rationale?
metta
= Update =

Spoke too soon. Just now discovered this duplicate tag in my tag list is now gone.

Perhaps this tag duplication was just a transient bug?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software