cxzoo
Hi
I've just tried to use tag for the first time. I Tagged a parent thought and all the children were tagged.
However, the parent disppeared from the higher parent and I couldnt undo nor link back to the higher parent. I had to manually recontruct the link and the child thoughts.
Should this be happening?
thanks Colin

mbaas
Hi Colin,

that behaviour sounds like a bug. Using 5.0.2.3, I could not replicate that effect - a tag only applies to the thought that is tagged, and tagging does not destroy links. Which version are you using?

Cheers

Michael 

cxzoo
v5.0.2.2
I'll try and upgrade and see how that goes..

thanks for the reply

cuffman
Does anyone know how to hide the tags from showing up on the plex until you click on a thought? I tagged a bunch of sales contacts with pipeline stage and lead source and it has cluttered my plex to the point where I can't read the thoughts. Any ideas? 
zenrain
No, you can either hide them across the plex (Options > Preferences > Look and Feel, check the Hide tag hints box), or show them and then hide individual tags (Activate the Tag and click the Properties cogwheel button on the Tags toolbar).

I would probably advise only showing the tags you need to see on the plex at all times. You can always glance at the tags tool window to see which ones are checked when a thought is activated.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
This may be somewhat off topic, but I  wanted to mention that PB version 6 contains an accelerator for quick enabling and disabling of Tag hints in the Plex. It can be found by going to Options > Preferences > Accelerator (tab) - Preferences > Thought > Hide Tag Hints. Enjoy .

Thanks,
Moe

lutsen
Note that Brain version 6 in beta does not allow converting parent thoughts into tags or tags into parent thoughts.  

This was available in 5.0

Do you plan to restore it to 6?  This was handy.

lutsen

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software