rmurawka
i am a PBrain user since 5 years now. i use it for professional activity (consulting). my Pbrain is organized around key thoughts types like customer, project, deliverable, event, ......

i am managing a lot of document (8 To of ppt, doc, xfs, pdf ...). I am using a generic documentation classification method to classify,retrieve and re-use document associated  to thought.

the classification is based on  3 items (Source,  type, usage) that are populated by one to multiple values.  the source is used to identify from where/who the information is coming, the type identify the nature of the files and usage is the way i could re-use it.

for example ,type could be represented by more than 300 potential values ordered with a tree approach. ex :

type !                  
       ! project  !RFP
       !            ! RFI
       !            !Statement Of Works
       !            !Project Plan
       !
       ! product ! vision  
       !            ! strategy
       !            ! roadmap
       !            ! specification
       !            ! what's new
       ! 

today, i am using TAGs becasue it is the only way to manage classification with multiple values.

the issue is that i have too much TAG to manage without the way to organize them with a hierarchy (like between Tags). i have to navigate a flat list of 300 values which is not acceptable.

then my request is to have the ability to organize hierarchy of Tags and to be able to select it with a way to navigate this hierachy instead of a flat list today.

associated to this request the way to request thoughts with Tags value could be updated with the same kind of multi selection navigating the tree of Tags.

with this approach se sill be able to impement easyli all kind of document classification like the one i used or more standard one like official Dewey classification used by library.

any feedback concerning such subject ?

regards

richard

Spacenexus
Great idea +1
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
+ 2
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jtmusky
Wow, that is an awesome idea. As of now, I use a lot of super type thoughts.

+3

glientsc
+4

thought about tag hierarchies as well. 
So far, I "implemented" this by bringing order to my tags by using prefixes with special characters (e.g. "!high priorit" "!low priority" "@office", "@home" etc.)
Searching for thoughts with a certain tags/type combination can of course be done with "Custom report".

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software