jaxip
I am trying to find some information onTags, Labels, and Thought Types...

Let me explain what I want to do...

I am trying to develop a Brain with certain characteristics... I would like to disconnect the link branches and create small islands of data... for example... I would have a topic such as Benjamin Franklin, and then I would link to all topics that are associated with Benjamin Franklin, but I would then disassociate all branches and leave this small hierarchy as an island of data associating only Benjamin Franklin.. I then would use Tags to find the 'Benjamin Franklin - Thought' and all linked thoughts.

I want to divide my Brain into a taxonomy and extend it. such as:

* Individual
* Place
* Thing
* Event
* Concept
* Entity
* Time

I am curious to learn more about Thought Types. I already know what are Tags, and I have experimented a little with them. But I am not sure what Thought Types are. Can you help by explaining what Thoughts are and how they function in PersonalBrain and where I can read more about how to implement them? Can I use Thought Types to build a taxonomy along with Tags? And can I search Thought Types like I can search for Tags?

*2 One more question... How do I view a list of all Thoughts with certain tags and view the resutls in the plex... That is, how can I choose to view a list of Thoughts that have a certain Tag or Tags? for example, if i have several thoughts with 2 or 3 tags each, how do i perform a search for them in the plex? And narrow the search to have 2 or 3 tags together.. that is to do a search for multiple tags?

*3 One more question, How do I view tags in a sitebrain, and can tags be searched for in a sitebrain? and what about the web-brain?

*4 One last question... When I make Thoughts in PersonalBrain I started to notice that the search feature highlights the name of the thoughts.  I started to do something in organizing my brain, which is to have unique names for each and every thought so I could find them easily in PB. I noticed that sometimes my thought names were too long and I wanted for example to write 'Parents' as a child thought instead of 'Parents of John Doe'. But the problem I run into is when I try to do a search for a thought or when adding a new child thought to an existing thought, there are more than 1 thought labeled 'Parents'... that is, that I do not know which thought it belongs to... any suggestions?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software