GerSch
TB is syncing with Google Calendar, but not with Google Tasks. It makes sense to have the tasks in TB, but there they are no really tasks with tasks sprecific informations. Is there any way automated way to bring the TB task thoughts to Google Tasks, by a macro or any other way? Copy and paste is not very comfortable?
pthompson
GerSch,

There is no way to have Google Tasks sync with TheBrain Calendar at this time.
GerSch
Patrick, how do you organize task management in your own company? How do you organize team work with projects and tasks? It seems impossible for me with TheBrain/TeamBrain.
megaquests

Hope you don't mind me joining the convo.. I was also looking a common phone app, task manager to use with the brain and also thought google tasks would be a sensible choice.

Are there any popular task managers that we can integrate or use within the brain (ie easilly reference tasks creatded in that task manager in the brain)?

todoist maybe?

thanks

Eugene
metta
@megaquests ~

My new favorite by far is AmazingMarvin. Feature rich, highly customizable, terrific support, easy-to-use....with both desktop and web access options.
zenfrog

@metta I too looked at Amazing Marvin. They lacked a decent iPad app at last look. Nearly bought in on a life sub.

Have seen folk integrating Ayoa (Ayoa.com) & TheBrain via Google Calender  - both visual mind mapping tools, might work for you? Over here in the UK, Dyslexic/Autistic Uni students often get an Ayoa sub for free, I keep looking at it for myself. Looks though it might flourish into a wonderful app, in due course. 

Did try Todoist. Hate their sub task structure, kept loosing stuff. No clean Evernote Integration. Though it’s integration heaven, with everything else. 

Ended up with Nozbe. Don’t sync Nozbe’s Google Cal, with TheBrains’s Keep them distinct.

I find a GTD style work flow helpful, so the 50,000-30,000 ft view is TheBrain, 20-10K is Evernote & Runway is Nozbe. 

So:

Information, knowledge, Thinking, high level planing in TheBrain
Focused relevant information summaries, Mid term planning in Evernote 
Tasks & Information for here & now, maximum 3 months ahead in Nozbe. 

So @megaquests kind of a tangential response, but maybe helpful in my description of how I use  TheBrain to tame chaos & as a high level task list. 

My #ThinkFlow System (not “WorkFlow”)  is in 5 parts:
Evernote | Ayoa TheBrain11Walks in NatureMind Mapping with Ink

macOS/iOS

Resident of a small island, the size of the average American parking lot; the land of cricket, tea & warm beer 🏏 ☕️ 🍺 

DavidGretzschel
@zenfrog
Personally I find multiple systems impossible to maintain. I'm slowly making TB 11 do everything.
I'm even trying to make it SRS of sorts (or rather make it strongly entwined with SuperMemo).
I think the more you throw at it, the stronger it becomes.
Though it requires some creativity to make it work for many areas, it's fundamentally viable for almost any usecase.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

megaquests
metta wrote:
@megaquests ~

My new favorite by far is AmazingMarvin. Feature rich, highly customizable, terrific support, easy-to-use....with both desktop and web access options.

@metta

many thanks for this, I'm taking a look now it looks great on first glance, do you have any way of linking the brain to AmazingMarvin (thought it might be Marvelous Marvin but hey!)  Or anyway integrate them?

Thanks

Eugene
megaquests
zenfrog wrote:

@metta

I too looked at Amazing Marvin. They lacked a decent iPad app at last look. Nearly bought in on a life sub.

Have seen folk integrating Ayoa (Ayoa.com) & TheBrain via Google Calender  - both visual mind mapping tools, might work for you? Over here in the UK, Dyslexic/Autistic Uni students often get an Ayoa sub for free, I keep looking at it for myself. Looks though it might flourish into a wonderful app, in due course. 

Did try Todoist. Hate their sub task structure, kept loosing stuff. No clean Evernote Integration. Though it’s integration heaven, with everything else. 

Ended up with Nozbe. Don’t sync Nozbe’s Google Cal, with TheBrains’s Keep them distinct.

I find a GTD style work flow helpful, so the 50,000-30,000 ft view is TheBrain, 20-10K is Evernote & Runway is Nozbe. 

So:

Information, knowledge, Thinking, high level planing in TheBrain
Focused relevant information summaries, Mid term planning in Evernote 
Tasks & Information for here & now, maximum 3 months ahead in Nozbe. 

So @megaquests kind of a tangential response, but maybe helpful in my description of how I use  TheBrain to tame chaos & as a high level task list. 

Much appreciated @zenfrog  That all makes sense but was really hoping for some method of integrating one apps content within the other.  

Even if its just saving evertnote tasks within the brain.   I thought i read years ago that would be possible, is it something you've tried?

Thanks 

Eugene
metta
zenfrog wrote:
I too looked at Amazing Marvin. They lacked a decent iPad app at last look. Nearly bought in on a life sub.
@zenfrog ~

FWIW, Android and iOS apps are now available for Amazing Marvin. Since I don't use any mobile apps, I've not yet had a chance to test, but it might be worth another look. Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š

Also, in case it matters, Siri and Alexa support are both planned -- and, in the meantime, there are other ways to use both. Just check the Marvin Help Files and their Facebook group. (Both resources are always updated and helpful.)
metta
megaquests wrote:
I'm taking a look now it looks great on first glance, do you have any way of linking the brain to AmazingMarvin (thought it might be Marvelous Marvin but hey!)  Or anyway integrate them?
@megaquests ~

Easy-peasy to integrate. Just follow the instructions for creating hyperlinks in titles & notes using the local or web link for the thought, depending upon where you do most of your work.

Let me know how this goes for you! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š
zenfrog
@metta
@megaquests@metta
@DavidGretzschel

@mettaI have had a look again at Amazing Marvin - and have indeed, when they first started out had some chats with their founder. Looks great! And yes they seem passionate. But, I think as both @DavidGretzschel@metta @megaquests@metta are hinting at is the eternal struggle to find a simple system that works together. TheBrain covers a lot of ground that AM covers, I think (Great name for an app, apparently not named after the character from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, alas).  So for tasks, if you are using TheBrain already, then maybe AM is overkill? 

Yes I do agree, @DavidGretzschel@metta TheBrain could replace more apps for me, but as it is, not quite yet. Email in (automations), OCR and some usability tweeks aplenty to name but a few would make it so. 

If you look at Ayoa, which is tasks plus mindmapping. Mesiter Task & Mind Master kind of do that already. Maybe good when you are dealing with purely creative tasks, and the mind map is just for ideas - but not for deep understanding.  I have copies for several standalone mindmaping tools (mindnode, imindmap etc) but to be honest if you need a quick mind map - draw it on paper, better for your brain - scan it in to Evernote and you are are good to go! 

I think what I am trying to say here is there is an advantage in splitting the apps, but their roles have to be absolutely clear, delineated. 

Maybe a worked example? Being Aspie, I get obsessed with a topic of interest for a while, I find out everything. Covid19 is topical at the moment. 

In Nozbe I have a Covid19 project. I have listed all the things as task I wish to find out. A series of questions. Clearly defined. On a large sheet of flip chart I mind dumped everything I know about viruses, diseases, etc. Snapped, added to Evernote, attached to the project. I have set up DevonThink Database to pull in RSS feeds from all the major news, academic sites. Daily I download every paper I think is relevant. I scan read and highlight these for key points. I then build a Brain with key ideas, concepts, links & quotes. Add in any documents or quick notes as I think relevant. Then I go back to my questions and place them in TheBrain and Link the facts and information to each question. Then when I am satisfied I export each "finished question" to Text File - import into Evernote and pad out in my own words. Kind of a process to internalise the information. I might do another mindmap by hand or use something like iMindmap to make a visually appealing representation of what I know. Then archive it in Evernote. 

I don't bother linking EN with TheBrain - I just simply Tag a Brain Thought with an Evernote Tag - which means "more stuff there". They are two complementary databases. Not competing, not overly collaborating. Kind of a Ying and Yang of information. Processed V unprocessed, everything V the essential, analogue V digital. 

Nozbe, my task/project manager is how I manage my time and keep my mind focused on the goal at hand. See attached screen shot of how I set up my Nozbe Project for this topic. 

TheBrain and Evernote and other information tools for me, are to shape my own mind. A spiderweb to a spider. The externalised mind. How we process our own information, to shape our own brain,  is a totally different game to how he represent that data to another.  Click image for larger version - Name: CV19 Nozbe.png, Views: 76, Size: 231.08 KB

macOS/iOS

Resident of a small island, the size of the average American parking lot; the land of cricket, tea & warm beer 🏏 ☕️ 🍺 

metta
zenfrog wrote:
I think as both @DavidGretzschel@metta @megaquests@metta are hinting at is the eternal struggle to find a simple system that works together. TheBrain covers a lot of ground that AM covers, I think ... So for tasks, if you are using TheBrain already, then maybe AM is overkill?
@zenfrog ~ I know @andreas and @ruudhein have both been successfully using Andreas's Kanban Brain template for task management.

However, I've run into several challenges with trying to use TB for task management, and this is what set me on the quest some time ago to find an alternative:
> not being able to manually order thoughts in the plex
> feeling like I could never get a "big picture" overview of all my tasks
> feeling limited by my options for filtering my tasks

In the end, it all probably comes down to the fact that different users need to organize and view task data in different ways....

zenfrog wrote:
II think what I am trying to say here is there is an advantage in splitting the apps, but their roles have to be absolutely clear, delineated.
Agree completely, and I'm glad to learn more about how you are using TheBrain to feed your human brain! ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ°Ã…¸Ëœâ€° Thanks for taking time to share.

zenfrog wrote:
How we process our own information, to shape our own brain,  is a totally different game to how he represent that data to another.
Indeed! 
DavidGretzschel
@zenfrog
Yes, I can never really quite figure out the delineation part. And when there's no hard edges, and I'm uncertain....
I'll just default to using no system at all.
TheBrain is in many ways inefficient. Essential and obvious commands are missing.
My feature requests along those lines number in the dozens. (and many I haven't even bothered to make yet)
But a lot of the things that TB can't do, it actually can do. It's often just not immediately apparent how.
And many more things can be made to work with AHK-scripting. 

Still have a problem with SuperMemo 18 there, which I plan to use for learning/long-term remembering/SRS.
The German government has decided that the Corona epidemic will be over by April 19, bringing an end to the Great Quarantine/Vacation.
So I have decided that I'll better have figured it out by then, too 🙂

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

zenfrog

metta wrote:
@zenfrog ~ I know @andreas and @ruudhein have both been successfully using Andreas's Kanban Brain template for task management.

However, I've run into several challenges with trying to use TB for task management, and this is what set me on the quest some time ago to find an alternative:
> not being able to manually order thoughts in the plex
> feeling like I could never get a "big picture" overview of all my tasks
> feeling limited by my options for filtering my tasks

In the end, it all probably comes down to the fact that different users need to organize and view task data in different ways....

@metta Thanks for reminding me of those Brains, yes had seen them before. I agree with you - I couldn’t use TB for day to day task management, but Yearly/Monthly & Super- Project level (life compass) - it works very well. Indeed I have a life planning Brain, which I run a Kanban kind of set up as above. Don’t edit it that often, monthly at most.

For task management I wanted a tool that was mobile focused, good on Apple Watch, with attachment features, potential for collaboration, with no confusing subtask structure. Very limited choice given that criteria, way too many tasks apps create complex structures - just need a basic list, with what I need to do, and when, & the information to support it.

@DavidGretzschel Ultimately think the lines between apps is down to user workflow. Many apps can be used for a purpose they weren’t designed for. The beauty of the Brain is it can be used in so many ways, as a good enough solution.

And the lock down? 12-16 weeks is my guess, not expecting the UK to back to normal until July, suspect Germany & France will be similar. Just awaiting the second wave to hit China, hopefully that is contained. 

macOS/iOS

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software