metta
The most recent update for TB11 (11.0.35) included a fix that was intended to resolve a problem that was causing startup and final loading tasks to be delayed for up to several seconds.

Unfortunately, I've seen no improvement at all here. When I check the Windows task manager, it is clear TB is doing something in the background, but the application is not visible on screen at all.

If output logs are needed, let me know and I'll submit them in a new help desk ticket.

Attempting to run 11.0.35 on Windows 7 desktop
metta
Just now discovered another longer discussion on the same issue here.
joshsullivan
Interesting, on Windows 10, I see amazing improvements with launches. After the update, the first launch was slow, but subsequent starts are very fast. Icons load almost immediately with thoughts.
TheBrain 11 Alpha Channel
Windows 10 2004 Enterprise
metta
@joshsullivan ~

That's odd/interesting, indeed. Thanks for taking time to share your update.

In light of your (helpful) feedback, I'll go ahead and submit an output log now since I'm obviously having a very different experience here.
DavidGretzschel
First impressions of 35 performance:
Not sure if the startup is that much faster. But Plex-navigation feels like I get instant reactions now. And icons and gates load more reliably.
I still notice occasional gates not being rendered, but I can barely recognize my Brain anymore, because of all the icons being shown reliably now.
They must have done something right.
My fourth Brain is still new and small in scale so perhaps this doesn't mean too much, but it makes me very hopeful.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
= Update =

Turns out there was something in the v.35 update that is now triggering my antivirus program (WebRoot), in spite of the fact that ALL of the installed versions of TB on my system have been white-listed both on my desktop and by WebRoot at their end.

Will have to go back to the drawing board now with WebRoot to try to figure out a new fix for this recurring headache.

In the meantime, if there is anything that can be done by TheBrain team to make TB11 more compatible with WebRoot (and prevent these conflicts), it would be an absolute God-send.
metta
= Update & Summary = 
  • Could not open v.35 unless I turned my antivirus (WebRoot) OFF
  • Problem was suddenly and completely resolved with the installation of v.37
I have absolutely no idea why or how v.35 was different from the versions that preceded and followed it.

Does anyone else have any theories?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software