metta
Fix in TB11.0.50 = (#6236) Notes Editor: Open in Browser should show selected fonts and image assets as expected

Just now tested this fix and found several lingering bugs:
> Centering works only randomly -- and when it does not work, the break goes both ways:
-- sometimes centering is added when it is not needed;
-- other times centering is lost when it is needed.

> Checkboxes break randomly

> URL links break randomly

> Images only show up randomly

Haven't yet figured out what factors might affect these random display issues.

If you want me to open a help desk ticket and submit some sample notes where I've observed these problems, just let me know.
mcaton
Metta,

Thank you for posting. I think the bug (6236) was specific to fonts and images, but I'll make sure that these other formatting issues are documented as well.

Matt
mcaton
Metta,

I have not been able to replicate with my tests and random checkboxes, centering, URLs, etc.  All formatting should be displaying correctly when a note is open in a browser.  Could you send us a copy of the notes.md file that is displaying issues?

Thanks,
Matt
metta
@mcaton ~ Thanks so much, Matt, for your follow-up and testing.

I will create a help desk ticket, linked to this forum discussion, with copies of several notes where I observed the aforementioned problems.

In the meantime, is it possible the display problems I'm seeing might be related to the fact that I'm using Opera as my default browser?
mcaton
Metta,

Thanks for the files.  We have discovered that centering some text in a note can lead to formatting issues when you Open in Browser.  So in other words, it's not the checkboxes or bulleted lists that were breaking... it was the centered text ABOVE that caused the problem.  We'll continue testing.

Matt
mcaton
Metta,

Success.  I centered an image in notes.  It does not appear after Open in Browser.  Right justified... image is there.  I think we found our culprit!  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Matt
metta
@mcaton ~

Terrific! Thanks so much for confirming, Matt. Glad to know the files were helpful.

FWIW, I've already responded in the help desk to the 2 tickets related to these issues with some additional feedback....

Will look forward to your updates as more progress is made resolving these display issues.
metta
mcaton wrote:
Thanks for the files.  We have discovered that centering some text in a note can lead to formatting issues when you Open in Browser.  So in other words, it's not the checkboxes or bulleted lists that were breaking... it was the centered text ABOVE that caused the problem.  We'll continue testing.
Aha!

Very good to know....Just now saw this intermediate reply....so please ignore my follow-up Q in the help desk ticket about the checkboxes.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software