Antonio68
It seems that when I try to format the text of notes created in TheBrain 8, formatting is applied to the overall text in the note (e.g.: if a select a text and set as Heading than all the note text become an heading). Similar behaviour is observed for the list options, the indent, but not the coloring option.

This is true for old notes but not for new note where everything works fine.
zenrain
I believe behavior in Notes in 8 may be different from 9 depending on how you had the .css file set in v8 (I was in the same boat you are).

In 9, the formatting is defined on a per-paragraph (section) basis. If you apply formatting to a large amount of text and it applies across paragraphs, then the "paragraph" was actually created using a line break using ctrl+enter (single line break), not enter (new paragraph). In html it's the difference between:

Line break paragraph (ctrl + enter)

<p>This is my first paragraph.<br />
This is my second paragraph.</p>

And paragraph line break (Enter)

<p>This is my first paragraph.</p>

<p>This is my second paragraph.</p>

I hope this makes sense.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Antonio68
I always used "enter" to change a line. I didn't new of the "ctrl+enter" option

Nevertheless, the problem is that I can not really work on old notes since the behave as unique big block in regard to formatting. 
Someone else get this problem?
danlandrum
I just looked through some of my older study notes and it looks like, for the most part, they came in with standard paragraph breaks. In some instances there is a combination of the two. This is easy to see by clicking in the text and using your key combo for indent. In those cases where more than one paragraph responded to the indent, I pressed return at the beginning of the paragraph needing individual styling. I can now apply styling as desired. If I'm not mistaken this takes the same number of clicks as it would if you were just going there to style the paragraph to begin with, I just have to add an additional return key press.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Antonio68
Thanks
It works perfectly!
mcaton
Good workaround, but we've also replicated the original issue as described and will take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
The next release contains a fix that should recognize these cases where a paragraph break should have been inserted but was not. Unfortunately, it can only do this during the import process, so any affected brains must be reimported to apply the fix.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
9.0.144 is out on the Alpha Channel and contains this fix.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software