reasonablekamikaze
Symbol Issue.png

~ symbol used in writing to depict 'approximately'. 
metta
I'd really like to be able to use the tilde, too.

Is this use of the tilde standard Markdown coding?
mcaton
Thanks for posting. If you place a space after the tilde, it will not be recognized as a markdown subscript indicator...

... list your property in ~ March.

Thank you,
Matt
reasonablekamikaze
Thanks for the suggestion @mcaton, but it's still technically a bug because the space between the ~ and the word is grammatically incorrect!

Dynalist also uses markdown, and using ~ properly is ok there. 🤔(https://dynalist.io/)
metta
Thank you, @reasonablekamikaze ~ I agree about value/importance of being able to use the tilde to indicate "approximately".

In fact, that's why I asked if TheBrain's new notes editor is using a standard Markdown protocol -- or not.

It also helps immensely now to know Dynalist provides a working example of the correct coding. ÃƒÆ’°Å¸Ëœâ€°
metta
@Harlan & TheBrain Team ~

Thanks so much for the prompt fix in v11.0.26 for this tilde issue! Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š
reasonablekamikaze
Thanks team! 🙌🏽
mcaton
Yes, fixed now in v11.0.27. 

Since subscript does not occur at the start of a word, when tilde is at the start of a word, it should be treated like a normal character.

This change also applies to the caret `^`.

Thanks,
Matt

mattgyverlee
@mcaton, This bug still exists when tilde is included in a link, and many institutions use a tilde in links before user content.  A pasted link with a tilde (that should be on one line) gets broken in two by the new markdown processor. TheBrain 11.0.28 .
Example:
https://www.cs.jhu.edu/~vandurme/papers/JansenVanDurmeASRU11.pdf

Result:
2019-10-15 16_02_53-TheBrain.png

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software