howardrv
I just downloaded the latest beta version of version 9. The Dragon for Mac speech to text in the notes field works much better and I really appreciate that.

I also notice that when I attached a Evernote link to one of my thoughts, every time I click on that thought the Evernote link opens. Since that seems like a bug I thought I would report it.
Howard
korm
If an attachment that was indexed (aliased, not imported into a brain) has gone missing, v9.1.0.107 knows the file is not found, but the menu commend to "move file into brain" is active.  Clicking that command will crash TheBrain.  So, part of the code knows we cannot do something with the attachment, but another part of the code will attempt nevertheless.

[vHWJead] 
zenrain
In the preview area we used to have double-click functionality on the file preview to open it. I think we lost that functionality in 9.0.107.

Getting used to the other changes. Here's a few more general thoughts:
  • I like the new thought properties/creation animations [smile]
  • History view is nice, as is the new modifications functionality. I can see it being fantastic for team brains.
  • Not sure about the new grey window frames around drop-downs and other areas. The pre 107 look seemed more modern, but this may be a preference/getting used to it.
  • ⌘+w now closes tabs before windows. Yay!
  • Still getting used to the preview file information dropdown window. It seems like it needs a bit more opacity when it goes over the preview.
  • Previews no longer do the flash/resize thing. Much better.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
korm
I also like the history ...

First issue, however, when a thought is tagged, History reports it was "linked" -- while that's technically correct, if we can see in History that a type was added/removed then the report for Tags should be "Tagged/UnTagged" probably

[MMEZ8g3] 

Second issue, thought links added in the Note are not recorded as such in History.

Third issue, it seems the History tracks each keystroke in Note as a separate History item -- so the history immediately gets unnecessarily verbose.  Perhaps history should record "Changed note" only once each editing session?  I wonder if we even need "Changed note" since it doesn't describe the change and history cannot be undone (I cannot click one of those "Changed note" entries and go back to a prior version -- which is fine -- I don't want to do that)?

[F4spxCC]

Fourth -- I think when we create a thought by dragging out a link to an empty spot on the plex and filling in the dialog, then the thought where that action was initiated should show "Linked/Created new thought" -- not merely "Linked"  since there is a distinction that will be meaningful to track.
howardrv
I am getting multiple crashes in this version.  It crashed when I:

• Forgot a thought
  • Added a Capture Icon
  • Added an Emoji to a thought

This has happened intermittently.  There seems to be no pattern to the crashes.
Crash.jpg 
Howard
pthompson
howardrv wrote:
I am getting multiple crashes in this version.  It crashed when I:

• Forgot a thought
  • Added a Capture Icon
  • Added an Emoji to a thought

This has happened intermittently.  There seems to be no pattern to the crashes.
Crash.jpg 

Howard,

I just tested all of these and didn't encounter any issue. Is this in a new Brain? All Brains? Have you tested a new Brain? If it's only a specific Brain can you share that Brain with us?

howardrv
Patrick,

It does not happen every time with these actions.  It happens on the one version 8 brain I use, which was imported as a brainzip into version 9.  I will try out on other test brains and let you know.

Howard
korm
I've had crashes also:

• Click "MindMap" in Layout
  • Click "Create Pin" from the thought dialog
The first case produced a crash report that I have emailed to Support.  The second one did not.  These are not recreate-able however.  The crashes seem to come after I've done a lot of clicking around trying lots of things in the UI.  

(How's that for a technical explanation [confused])
howardrv
+1, my crashes seem somewhat random the same as Korm.  I will keep working at it with various 'test' brains that I have created to see if I can re-create.  
Howard
howardrv
Okay, I just had another crash with a small 'test' brain after I completed a lot of actions one after another.  

• Created a thought
  • Added a Capture Icon
  • Added an Icon
  • Forgot the thought
  • Crash!

I can share this Brain with you if you show me how to send it to you. 
Howard
howardrv
Crashed again..this time I created a new thought and attached a file link from my desktop. I right clicked on the file link and clicked 'move to brain' and then I got the crash.
Howard
mcaton
First - highest on the thread, I was able to reproduce TheBrain crashing when attempting to move a file into TheBrain that had been renamed at the original location.  Additionally, I'm seeing the muptiple references in History when editing a note.

The additional requests regarding extra explanations in the History (creating a thought and Typing/Tagging) will be documented as well. 

Thanks everyone for the reports on crashing.  Please try replicating these again and posting an Output.log file and/or ErrorReport.log.  Patrick and I have both tested these steps, but have not yet experienced any crashing on the features you have mentioned.

Thank you,
Matt
howardrv
I tried the move file into TB 9 action twice tonight.  I input a new thought, attached a file link and then moved the file into TB.  When I clicked on another thought, the error message appeared that the program would close.  I did the exact same thing again with the same result.  I sent in the error log zip.

Howard
Howard
mcaton
Howard,

Thanks for the additional info.  I'll take a look at the log files which will tell us more.  So far, I've been unable to replicate.  It might be specific to the file type, location, etc.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software