Elysee

Hello,

I need to protect TheBrain. Even after logging out, the TheBrain directory with all files and notes can be accessed in the Windows explorer.

I thought putting TheBrain directory in a VeraCrypt encrypted folder but in the settings there is a warning not to put the directory in a removable folder. 

Is this also true for a VeraCrypt protected folder?

Is there any other way protecting TheBrain?

Thanks!

mcaton
Elysee,

Beyond TheBrain application being protected from being opened with your personal account information, your best option for local security would be to log out of your OS when not in use. Store your Brain data on a local drive that can only be accessed when YOU are logged in.

Matt
Elysee
Matt, 

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes, the account is protected with my user credentials. But as it is a work computer, an admin would be able to access the computer and the user files and then access TheBrain directory. 

Therefore my demand if encryption with VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt is possible? But I understand your answer in a way that it's not? 
mcaton
Elysee,

I don't have VeraCrypt installed for absolute confirmation, but I suspect that it is not possible. I'll document as a feature request.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
@Elysee ~

Until this feature request is implemented, I was wondering: would the suggestion shared in this discussion address your current security issues?
yuryg
This will work without a problem, I do it on a Mac with an encrypted DMG. I never had a problem with using it, now of course I also create a brainzip and GPG encrypt it in case something goes wrong. So far in Years of doing this nothing has gone wrong.

If by mistake you forget to open the image when the Brain starts, you will just not see the brain, and you get a message it is not found (I forget the exact wording). 
mcaton
Yuryg,

Great to hear. Thank you for sharing with the community!

Matt
Elysee
Thank you very much Yuryg, metta and mcaton!

That helps a lot! :-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software