pthompson Show full post »
HeinrichUnger
Hi Patrick,

Good to know - at the Moment no Problem. In Future maybe?

But no, I mean the Windows 8.1 Desktop OS? But I assume you will release an IOS Version with a new Windows Version at the same time?

BR and thank you for answering
Heinrich

bkonia
I'd like to be a beta tester. I have an iPhone 5S.
Roy
Please consider me for beta testing please
Hbrooks2
I have a 128 GB iPad Air and iPhone 5S.  Is there a way to join the Beta program?

Hbrooks2
This is original IOS Beta program was started June 11th, just over 6 months ago,  would you consider publishing a status report?
voppense
Hello,

I am very surprised and disappointed in your product development strategy. The fact that you focused on iOS app development gives me the impression that your development team is not really understanding the current development evolutions and strategies. Building software for specific devices/operating systems will lead to unsupportable silo's. We have been building software on about every platform you can imaging (OS2, iOS, Windows, Linux, AIX, zOS, SunOs, VMS, Dos,...). When doing that you need a large organization and the cost to implement all requirements on each platform is very costly. So customers are paying for that more than normally. For you information history has made clear that proprietary operating system will die in the end. I have seen it with VMS, SunOS soon AIX will follow, only the 'open' operating systems will survive. More and more people in the market have understood that, Apple tried to push its iOS and was of course supported by its user experience based designed hardware to create a hype and market. But a lot of people understood 'Open' will survive in the end. You see it at the current situation Android has surpassed the iOS devices with a multitude.

The reason why 'open' in the future will always survive is simple, more people are bringing idea's to the table and more developers delivering free code to get a product they like and nothing is more rewarding to see a product doing well and knowing you have contributed and that many people appreciate it by using it.

For small companies the 'open' strategy is the only successful way. Because they are small they have less resources, but they should be smarter.
The fact that you focus on iOS let me deduce that you are building specific stacks for iOS and Android.
The only way to deliver mobile application in an efficient 'time-to-market' way on mobile platforms is to have the same code base. Maybe you should look at the viewpoint of IBM Worklight where you have the same code base which you can deploy on iOS, Android and others. ( http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/worklight/ and http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips1009.html ).

Then you would not have to choose which customers you privilege and which ones to disappoint, but delivery in time to ALL your customers is crucial. It is the trust of your customer that makes your success and if you really want to go for a particular customer set please let it know ahead because nothing worse than a costumer feeling betrayed.

HeinrichUnger
I´m disappointed because you have forgotten your core product. And this is thebrain.
cosmicv
voppense is correct. You shouldn’t be trying to develop for individual platforms but should instead have developed for cross-platform use. Now your in the situation of building out a version where your playing to a group that's smaller then the majority. Android took the lead from Apple on market share a while back.

He is also correct there are efficiencies to gain by only building one code base instead of two. Our company gave us on that development philosophy a while back as well and things have gone much smoother because of it.
jostber
TheBrain team also have an Android app in development according to this previous post:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/android-5818426?&trail=45

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
HeinrichUnger
Very nice....

"...after we have made sure our iOS apps are working properly and are safe to release....".

But we do not see an IOS apps (which is not necessary for me, sorry no apple in my house) until now. And this is several month in developement

And again sorry, what will happen with the core Window product thebrain in the meantime. As much as the last 1,5 year?

I hope TheBrain is speaking to us about plans. And maybe I will find a Piece of Software in the meantime doing almost the same as thebrain?

BR
Heinrich
Hbrooks2
Can you publish an IOS update for those not in the Beta program?
Hbrooks2
Now that a YouTube TheBrain iPad App video has been posted,  how do we download it or use it?
L1nda
I just watched the iPad app video as well. Can't wait for more details (we're never satisfied are we!) but for a first look it seems promising. I've used theBrain sparingly in the last few months and started testing out other software so some news on the apps may have come just in time to keep me hanging on to this software.

To me the apps aren't everything but are necessary, and development of the desktop version (especially for power users) is still critical. As much as I have wanted iOS apps it is the diminishing "trust" I have in my brain databases that has had me looking elsewhere. Still, nothing quite compares to TheBrain - no matter how hard I try I just don't seem to be able to make that complete move away from it. 

Anyway back to the iOS app, the devil will obviously be in the details so I look forward to seeing and hearing more about it! Very happy to have seen something about it though [wink]
enkidu

Quote:
Still, nothing quite compares to TheBrain - no matter how hard I try I just don't seem to be able to make that complete move away from it.

It's the dynamic-force-directed layout, I'm telling ya !

all's missing is automatic view creation, a presentation-friendly interface like xmind, and it's perfect !

cheers
enkidu

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software