jroeterd
Hello,

I am aware of multiple topics on CPU usage but here is mine. Just starting (again) with TheBrain (Free edition). But the CPU usage is enormous and I also see an very large number of 'idle wake ups' in Mac's Activity Monitor.

I have maximized TheBrain so I can always Triple-finder wipe to TheBrain from mij other desktop. This is working nicely. TheBrain is idle at 0,7 % CPU and only going to TheBrain (doing nothing) and immediatly go back to Activity Monitor makes the brain use 100+% CPU and generate 1000-s of 'idle wake ups'. When the 'idle wake ups' go down (after about 30 seconds) the CPU also goed down (or vice-versa). 

I made a not so short video  of it to show you (I think to big to add here so the link is here (big file 135Mb download).  

Where can I find the output.log on MacOS?

Currently I have only 54 thoughts in my brain (like I said just starting all over) but I am afraid to add more if it is already an issue with CPU usage. 

Regards,
Jeroen
mcaton
Jeroen,

Thank you for posting. Logs can be found by clicking on Help > Open Log Directory in TheBrain. We'd like to see the Output.log file and you can send it into support@thebrain.com with a brief description or link to this forum thread.

Can you confirm that you are running TheBrain 10.0.5+? Do you see less CPU consumption from TheBrain if it is not fully maximized?

Thank you,
Matt
jroeterd
Thanks Matt,

Indeed using the latest 10.0.5.0 version. I send the output.log referring to this topic. 
I tried the same without maximizing and I see the CPU is getting very low (<1%) when not used but only opening thebrain like in the video make it spike to 100%). 

Regards,
Jeroen
jroeterd
To follow up ... TheBrain fixed some of the high CPU problem in the latest 51 release. Still high CPU butt less than before. I understood they are actively working on it. 

Jeroen

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software