zenrain
Yes, it's not released yet, or in beta. But since it's most likely in development, I thought I'd add some requests, so at least they can be thought about deeply. Perhaps whilst eating a nice savory snack.

No, I'm not going to say "local storage" because everyone has already said it, and it's already been said that it's coming. So please ignore the prior sentence.

Also, these are iOS specific, primarily because I don't use Android, so I can't say much more than hopefully some of these apply.

1. An action extension so I can send stuff to TheBrain from Safari. Yes my workflow thingy works pretty well, but it would be nicer to have an official-er thingy other than a bookmark to manually add.

2. More stuff that can be sent.
The whole reason I had to create a Workflow was because you can only send a link to TheBrain Inbox. This means you have to remember the title of the page/article/site and then manually type it out. After a few times I found it to be rather painful, so stopped doing it, at least until I created the workflow.

It would be nice if you could define an entire thought to be sent in the thebrain url (important for automation---please don't forget us power users) and in the action extension.

So for example, the action extension would pre-fill the thought name, the url, and give you space to type notes. I'm attaching an example of this below, it's from Pinner, an app that allows you to send stuff to the pinboard bookmarking site. It pulls the URL title, the url and allows you to type notes. If this was added to TheBrain inbox you could browse the thought you want to link it to, and link it. Or maybe have the option to add the url by itself or define a whole thought. 

This would really streamline entering thoughts and stuff into TheBrain mobile. 

pinboard.png 

3. Don't shorten the thought names. I've said this before elsewhere, but it makes TheBrain mobile hard to use if you can't see the entire thought name and don't have a mouse-over option to expand it. I'd much prefer to scroll more and see the entire name, than have more thoughts on the screen that say "This..."; "Top 15..."; "Wine and..."; "Top 20..." and then have to activate them to see what they are.

4. Make thought names Spotlight searchable. There are now apps that make notes / bookmarks searchable by going to the spotlight search in iOS. Having TheBrain thoughts included in the search index would be very nice, and a convenient way to find stuff. 

I think just these things alone would really make TheBrain mobile easier to use and more useful. 

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
korm
How about having a browser inside TheBrain iOS?  The share extension with Alex's suggestion (+1 for all of them) would still be useful, but having a browser inside TheBrain would be good if I'm going to be doing a lot of thought-making from web research.   This approach is particularly well executed with iThoughts -- but also good approaches in Ulysses and Editorial, too.

Also have the extension available in Photos, and cloud folder apps like Dropbox, OneDrive, and document apps like Documents, Notebooks and DEVONhink to Go.

It would be great if TheBrain would optionally append a bibliographical reference at the end of text clipped from the web or documents -- both on iOS and macOS.

And it would be great if TheBrain iOS on iPad Pro would work with Apple Pencil: a window to capture sketches and handwritten notes, and Pencil-aware gestures like dragging a new thought out from an existing thought on the screen using the Pencil.

And be sure to have TheBrain iOS built to correctly use the screen resolution on iPad Pro -- apps that don't adjust their display for the higher resolution look bad on iPad Pro.

Preserve keyboard shortcuts from TheBrain macOS for those who use external keyboards on iOS.  (Probably this also applies to the on-screen keyboards.)
zenrain
+ 1 to basically everything Korm said. [smile]

(And yes, I'm also an iPad Pro user and would very much appreciate Pencil and keyboard enhancements).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
All good feedback for the upcoming iOS/Android apps.  These are currently in production right now and I'll be sure to share your thoughts with the team.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Thanks Matt!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software