gery51
Hi team,

TheBrain web-client doesn't play youtube video's
The screen stays white and nothing happens.
Did I mis something in the chromebrowser set up ?
The chrome version is Versie 67.0.3396.99 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

Kind regards,
Gerard
mcaton
Gerard,

Thanks for posting.  You should be able to click on a context menu button (hamburger button) on the attachment tab to select "Open in New Window" and launch the video.  You also have an option of attaching the link in a note, but you'll still need to use the extra click to launch the video in a new window.  I'm hoping we'll have a fix available for this soon.

Thank you,
Matt
gery51
Ok Matt,
I have report this to possible users of the compendium the web-client in the home screen.
You also must know that the first impression by the use of new software is for 80 % dependent for the further use of the product.
I must add a little bug: the ordering of tabs defined in the desktop version is not take over in the web-client version.
Have a nice day,
Gerard

mctrexler
Gerard, these are both among a number of TB9 web-client bugs that have been previously reported. Hopefully they will get fixed. 

Mark  
gery51
Ok Mark, its rather rare because in the desktop version the youtube video as the site problem doesn't occur.
Do you have a goog respons from your students about the use of TB ?

Gerard

mctrexler
Gerard, my experience with student use is a bit mixed.  I required use of the Climate Web in my on-line university class on climate change, and students valued everything they could find there.  But they didn't do any brain building.  I'm thinking of promoting a university class that combines personal knowledge management (PKM) training and learning with hands-on experience with the Climate Web.  PKM skills are one of the biggest holes in our educational system I think. 

Mark
gery51
Hello Mark,
You are perfectly right about brain building among students and found your idea about PKM superb !
I would suggest that you look to my proposal about a Universal Class. It's a blueprint to help students thinking object oriented. Just type Class in compendium search and you will see the universal class popup.The thought How to learn learning gives you a explanation about what object oriented thinking is. 
Kind regards,
Gerard

gery51
Hello Mark,
I forgot to mention that there is a Climate Change topic in the compendium (type Climate change in the search button). If you like i appreciate every site to would like to be incorporated in the the compendium. I will add them instantly.
Gerard

gery51
Mark,
In compendium I added some video's about the climate change for your students.
You will finding them back under The climate web thought.
Gerard

mctrexler
Gerard, just FYI we h have about 2,500 videos in the Climate Web now, and hundreds of climate change and related courses. In addition to the 10's of thousands of documents and URLs for web sites and news stories.  So if you find good materials we don't have please pass them along and we can include them!  :-) 

I would also urge you to think about linking the overall topic of climate change to places other than engineering.  The problem of climate change is not an engineering problem, it is a cognitive problem, a risk problem, a political problem. At this point the engineering side of the problem is simple - it's the others that are proving to be very difficult. 

Mark 
metta
@Mark ~

"The soft stuff is always the hard stuff."
gery51
Ok Mark,
I see to integrate the Climate change stuff into politics, sociology and Education
I will also look further to add more of your sites to compendium.
I must say that i prefer the wikipedia sites, because they have specially designed to made them compatible with tablets and smarthphones.
You can see that with the m placed just after the en letters in the url. https://en.m .wikipedia.org/wiki/Art  
Kind regards,
Gerard
gery51
Hello Brainteam,

I think i have localized the problem.
It is just that the web-client version doen't adres the absolute url href of the video files.
Although the desktop version of the web application does.
Is theire a difference in programming of both ?
Have a nice day,
Gerard
mcaton
Gerard,

I confirmed with the engineering team that you're certainly on the right track.  There is a a significant difference to the coding on the desktop via on the web client and it's a but it's a bit more complicated than just preserving the absolute path in order to make the videos auto load/play in the Web Client Notes and/or Attachment Area.  I also confirmed that this is something that the team is aware of and we do plan on bringing auto loading videos into the web client in a future update.

Thank you,
Matt
gery51
Ok Matt, i am busy to transform the youtube's which doesn't start automatically in the notes screen.
Another little problem: We received an invitation to update theBrain to version 1.1.14.0, the download works, but the new application doesn't start up.
I work with a mac mini with macOs High Sierra version 10.13.6
Thanks to check,
Regards,
Gerard 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software