ChrisAndersen
When I try to import Version 9 files to version 11 I only get the option to import version 8 files. 
Bonus info: The server version of my file is not up to date. Have only the HD version.

What am I doing wrong?
metta
@ChrisAndersen ~

Sorry none of us have responded yet to your question, Chris.. You are actually not doing anything wrong, since brains from version 10 and 11 do not need to be imported. ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š

All brains from versions 9 and 10 can both be directly opened in TB11. You just need to close TB9 first, and then you can open the same brain in TB11.

However, it is important to be aware that notes from TBB11 are NOT backward compatible with TB9 and TB10. This is because any note edits you make in TB11 will be saved in the format created by the new Markdown editor (.md), and these new Markdown files do NOT display within TB9 and TB10.

In light of this, if you have not done any work yet in TB11, I suggest creating a new test brain in TB11 first to see how the new note editor performs. Or, at the very least, if you open an existing brain in TB11, test the new note editor on new thoughts first. This way you will limit the number of thoughts created in TB11 that have to be migrated back into TB9 (or TB10) if you decide NOT to start using TB11 right away.

Finally, if you are brand new to TB11, you might be interested in reviewing the guide I've created for new users of TB11. It provides an overview of some of the issues you'll need to be aware of in making the switch to TB11 and, with this information, I hope it will make it easier for you to navigate the transition between versions.

That said, the new editor in TB11 is vastly superior (more reliable and more stable) than either of the editors in TB9 or TB10, so it is well worth making the switch into TB11 if you do not need to edit your notes in the web client. (Hopefully these web client editing issues will be addressed soon.)

In the meantime, I hope this information helps. Do keep us posted on your experience working with TheBrain 11. I, for one, will be looking forward to your updates! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š
ChrisAndersen
@metta
thanks for your answer :-)
I've just installed tb11 on my laptop and cannot open my old brain anymore. I'll try to get the support, directly.
metta
@ChrisAndersen ~

Just a quick reminder: when you open TB11, you will need to log into TheBrain again. (Click on the profile/avatar icon in the upper right-hand corner of TB11 interface to log in.)

There's a chance this might do the trick...Once you are logged in, just click the small plus sign (+) on the tab bar at the top of TheBrain interface, and this should open a list of all the brains you've created in TB9.

Hope this helps!
ChrisAndersen
@metta

thanks for your answer :-)
I thought the best is to start with the offline version I have on my laptop. That's because I think it could be the most up to date version. So how do I do this?... or am I thinking wrong?
metta
@ChrisAndersen ~

As I understand it, we currently have to log in even just to access our local brains. To be honest, I'm not sure why this is necessary (I think it is set-up this way for security purposes) -- and I know users have submitted feature requests to have this login requirement removed.

The following screenshot shows the profile/avatar icon I mentioned where you login:
TB11_Login.png 

Once you are logged in, your brain list should automatically display. This will be the list of the local (offline) versions of your brains.

In addition, after each of your local brains is opened, you can immediately turn OFF the automatic sync until you are ready to resume syncing again with the web client.

Does this make sense?
ChrisAndersen
@metta
just logged me in with my mobile and the mobile app and saw that there is a really old version on the server. Probably like 2 years old, when I last logged in with the TB9 pro version. In the meantime I paused the pro version because the mobile-laptop sync didn't work, that time. Still, I have been using TB9 without pro functions.
ChrisAndersen
so... what can I do to get my actual brain back?
metta
@ChrisAndersen ~

I don't have any experience with the mobile apps, Chris, so I can't help you there.

All the instructions I provided are for use on the desktop (or laptop) -- so, if you are able to log in on your laptop, you should be able to view the list of all the current versions of your local brains (as described above).
ChrisAndersen
@metta
the sync works and I have all my data back... thx to you :-)
metta
@ChrisAndersen ~

Yeah! ðŸ™Œ So glad it worked....Glad to know you are up and running again. ðŸ™‚

Do keep us posted, and let us know what you think of TB11 after you've had a chance to work with it for a while.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software