zenrain
Interesting issue with my main database. After I import it to v 9.0.88 I try to sync and it fails (as in prior support tickets) due to not having authorized access. When I try to assign it a new GUID in TheBrain 9 I get a "There was a problem assigning a new GUID to this brain, contact support".

After I close and re-open TheBrain it looks like:
BadBrains.png 

Opening this Brain just shows me a black screen.

Emailing support the output.log.

Also, just to note that if I reassign the GUID in TheBrain 8 and import into TheBrain 9 it still fails to sync, but with a different error. I've also updated that support ticket with the logs as I get a different error now. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

Thanks for posting.  We have some updates to the sync process coming out in the next few builds.  We'll be putting the "Beta" Brain through it's paces with these two versions and hope to have all the sync issues ironed out.

Thanks for bringing the GUID issue up too.  This could potentially have been cause by an issue recently fixed in 9.0.89 (Assign New GUID fails on Brains with links to other brains in notes) We'll take a closer look today and see if we can replicate.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Matt, a little more information on this. 
I was able to recreate with my non-main brain. 

A database I had created in v9 with no links to other Brains in notes or as hyperlinks. I had exported this database as a .brz and deleted the contents of my .TheBrain/v9 data (I have support ticket 49025 open with Patrick with the details on this, as well as other issues I found as a result). I also deleted the U folders in the documents folder. 
When I re-imported the archive brain, and tried to re-assign the GUID I got the same error.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Confirmed - problems on my end changing the GUID in BetaBrain.  We're taking a closer look.  

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Hmm, that's strange, I was just about to report that I imported the latest version of my main database into TheBrain 9.0.89 and was able to change the GUID successfully. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
On Mac or PC.  We're replicating on PC - but works on a Mac.  So still a few more kinks to iron out here.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software