tonja
Hi,

from mindmanager I like very much the clouds around a branch...

Ok PB is more dynamic and less strong hiearchical.

How I can group a N Thoughts (e.g. up to 2 levels) and give this a visual effect like a cloud, shadow whatever?

E.g.
Organon
  • Gattung
  • Unterschied
  • Definition
  • Eigentümlichkeit
  • Zufälliges
  • Akzidens

This belongs togehter, even if (later) there may be develop many links to this categories of Aristoteles...

Greetings,

rhodes
I don't know of any way to do this in PB, though it is a good suggestion. The nearest alternative would be to cluster Thoughts together in Expanded view and save that view.
Alan Rhodes
rhodes
Been thinking about this one a bit more...

In some mind map applications you can draw a box or "cloud" around a cluster of topics and color the box background differently to make the group stand out. But this isn't necessary in PB, and adding the ability to do this would only complicate the plex.

Just as in my other reply to you, the KISS principle works best. Either create a tag and assign it to each member of the group (you can show or hide tags in the Plex) or for better visibility, create a group-thought parent-linked or jump-linked to all thoughts in this group. Make it of a special type with its own color and use a special group-link type if you wish. Maybe even add a line such as "belongs to group ABC" in the note of each member to remind yourself that you did create a group-thought for this group.

Alan Rhodes
tonja

Hi Alan Rhodes,

it depends, clouds are very useful to see "given" structures on one sight - in the expended view!

So it depends on the purpose, if I use only PB as an file-server an link-or search-machine, it would be not necessary. But if I like to work out information of an context (classical mindmapping), it would be very useful, I think.

Greetings,

rhodes

Hi Tonja

I believe PB's first priority must be to remove thought name truncation and enable multiline thought names. After that, it will become much easier to draw boxes around groups of thoughts.

At first it seemed that Expanded view is the only view where doing this will be practicable. But if thoughts could be arranged by the user in a customized order in Normal view, it would be equally useful to draw a box around a whole group of child thoughts and thus demarcate them from the remainder.

Alan Rhodes
zenrain
I know in MindManager this does a good job in emphasizing related thoughts.
It may be difficult to implement in PB (I'm guessing it would make the most sense in outline or expanded view), but it would definitely enhance plex visualization, and I can think of several areas of my brain where I would use it.

I don't think multiline labels relates to this suggestion, so I'll leave that alone.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software