tonja
Hi,

for many thoughts I knew that they are terminated in some days, weeks, years...

How can I shedule that a thought get automatic forgotten on a defined date or time?

Like:

Thought: Shopinglist of the Week
Valid until: This Week

Greetings,

rhodes
There is no way to make a thought forgotten or deleted after a due time. However, if you go into Reports, click the little down arrow next to All Dates and select "Activated", "Modified" or "Created", you can then set a date range. Once you have done this, click Edit > Add Report Results to Selection and all the thoughts shown in Reports will be added to Selection, from where you can forget or delete them.

If you only want to add some of them to selection you can select the ones you want by ctrl-clicking or shift-clicking them and they will be added; you can also eliminate some from selection by ctrl-clicking them there.

I guess another way might be to create a tag and name it as the date a thought is to be deleted. Then tag all thoughts to be deleted on that day with that tag. When the day arrives, activate the tag and delete its child thoughts.
Alan Rhodes
zenrain
How I handle this is set up a calendar item on that thought with a reminder to delete/forget it.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
tonja
Hi Alan,

thanks for your hints, I as long the due-date for Thoughts is not implemented I will use your workaround with the tags, like:

"Forgott this after June 2011..."

Greetings,

rhodes
@zenrain: yeah, forgot the calendar solution. Good one. Thanks.
Alan Rhodes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software