Simon
Hi there,

My first post so please bare with me.

Have been a PB user for some months now and have keenly upgraded to the new Beta.

I am currently running version 6.0.3.8 but have just discovered that the Tag and Thought windows are not always updating to reflect information for the activated thought. They are showing data from a previous thought and have not refreshed.

Hope that makes sense. Not sure if anyone else has this same issue or not.

Regards,
Simon.

rojeras
I can confirm Simons observation. Had to restart PB to get the Thought and Tag tools to behave again.

/rojeras

-----------------------------------
Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
rhodes

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.

In this and previous versions of PB there have been several reports of delayed refreshing of various panes, applying mostly to updates of names, types and tags. In some cases the developers have managed to fix them, in others the causes can still be obscure. If you search the forum under "latency" and "refresh" you will see what I mean. Once the window or pane is refreshed, it should show the correct information.

Refreshing may occur after a lag, or it may require closing and reopening of the pane. In all cases, closing the open Brain and reopening should show that the information has been updated correctly; if not, then not updating it at all is a different and more serious bug. However, if it can only be fixed by restarting PB, this needs to be looked into ASAP. Refreshing is the same as repainting or rewriting the pane with new information.

It's possible that some of the old slow refresh bugs have not been deemed of sufficient importance to be fixed, so are still there. On the other hand, what you're reporting may be new to this beta release. This kind of problem is annoying, but fortunately not serious, and one can get used to it. The only remedy that seems to have helped is to update to the latest version of Java if you haven't already done so.

Alan Rhodes
Simon
Thanks Rhodes,

I will try closing and reopening the panes and see if that helps.

But all that has helped to date is to close PB altogether and re-open PB.

I also have the most current JAVA runtime installed.

Cheers,
Simon.

Moe
Please update to 6.0.3.9-b as it contains fixes that we believe may have been a contributing factor to the updating problem. Please let us know if you still run into the problem when using 6.0.3.9-b.

Thanks,
Moe
Simon
Hey Moe,

Thanks for the info...I am just downloading the update now and will report back in a few days on how things are going!

Appreciate all the great work being done by the people behind PB.

Cheers,
Simon.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software