perry
I'm not sure if creation process is now complete, but the process is a bit messy...

1. F6 - Create Child
  2. Type Thought Name
  3. TAB (to Types) + ENTER - Types display but not selectable with keyboard [frown]
  4. Grab mouse and select the Thought Type - Insertion point goes back to Thought Title
  5. TAB + TAB + ENTER - Tags display but not selectable with keyboard [frown]
  6. Grab mouse and select Tags
  7. ENTER does not complete creation
  8. ESC to leave Tags
  9. ENTER does not complete creation
  10. Click into Thought Title + ENTER to complete creation

Personally I think there is too much going from keyboard to mouse back to keyboard then mouse etc. Not wanting to re-raise using keyboard only to create Thoughts [wink], but I also think that the current dialog is missing an 'Accept' button (otherwise you have to click into/tab to the Thought Title + ENTER to accept)?

I've lost a few ESC'ing in the wrong point too.

jtmusky
+1 for keyboard/Hotkey navigation/thought creation. Picking up hands from keyboard to mouse and back kills my workflow at times. 

-JM
mcaton
Perry,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I see several keyboard functions that could be cleaned up in this process.  Documented.

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Perry, I'm running into this also. 
There's a bit of a secret that will reduce the number of steps you have to take (although it doesn't resolve non-keyboard navigation), and that is that the focus never leaves the text.
Therefore you can:
  1. Press your hotkey to create a new thought
  2. Type the Thought Name
  3. Use the mouse to select a thought type
  4. Use the mouse to select a tag (repeat as necessary because as far as I can tell, there's no way to enter multiple tags at the same time).
  5. Press Enter on the keyboard to create the thought.

It's key that you don't touch the keyboard after typing the name, until you are ready to hit Enter at the end to create it. If I don't follow those exact steps I've found myself selecting or doing something by mistake to select all the text and when you hit enter it doesn't create a thought.
Hope this helps until they flesh things out a bit more.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
zenrain wrote:

4. Use the mouse to select a tag (repeat as necessary because as far as I can tell, there's no way to enter multiple tags at the same time).

In the latest update, with the addition of the drop down do add Types and Tags on Thought creation, you can select multiple tags at once in the Tag drop down.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 9.33.07 AM.png

You can even create multiple New Tags from here and the semicolon trick works to create more than one Tag at a time.
zenrain
Ha, completely missed that somehow. Thanks Patrick!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
perry
zenrain wrote:
There's a bit of a secret that will reduce the number of steps you have to take

Thanks: I was being a little naughty as I purposefully took the long way around, but it's the sort of workflow you'd use if you weren't thinking too much [smile]
perry
pthompson wrote:

In the latest update, with the addition of the drop down do add Types and Tags on Thought creation, you can select multiple tags at once in the Tag drop down.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 9.33.07 AM.png

You can even create multiple New Tags from here and the semicolon trick works to create more than one Tag at a time.

Is this the way it's meant to work? As I would have thought TB would have automatically selected all the tags entered:
Screenshot - 3_03_2016 , 11_26_44 PM.png 

Screenshot - 3_03_2016 , 11_27_17 PM.png 

mcaton
Perry,

Thank you for pointing this out.  Documented for review.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software