bmac
Is it possible to create a hyperlink directly to a thought of a particular Brain? This would be useful for use outside of PB (such as an electronic notebook such a MS OneNote) to paste a hyperlink that would take the user directly to the thought.

The reverse has been very helpful.  I use MS OneNote constantly which allows hyperlinks [from specific paragraphs] to be pasted into other apps - notebly PB [as a web link].

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Moe
bmac, Thank you for the suggestion. I will put in a feature request with our developers about this. I don't know if this helps, but you can always upload your Brain to webbrain.com then attach a hyperlink to a desired Thought in your webbrain.

See below for instructions:

1. Upload your Brain to webbrain.
   2. Load your Brain by selecting it in the "My Account" section of webbrain.
   3. Activate the Thought you would like to find the URL to.
   4. Select the share button located in the upper right hand corner of the webbrain
       Plex.
   5. In the "Code for embedding into a website" text area, copy the value for the
       src attribute. It should point to the Thought activated in step 3.
   6. You should now be able to paste the weblink into PB or any other app, which
        will take you directly to your desired Thought in your webbrain.

Thanks,
Moe
topps
Thanks for that suggestion, Moe. That does help.

I have to say, though, that with the new version 6 release, despite this being a highly requested feature for several years now, I am very disappointed that this issue is still not really addressed.

Without understanding the underlying data structures (which would probably answer my question), I am curious as to why one can hyperlink to a node on a web brain but not to an internal one. All thoughts have their own GUID. Based on this, it should be a pretty simple matter to link to that GUID.

I'm afraid that I am beginning to suspect that the main driver behind this is that the company really wants to sell Brain EKP or the SDK. Sigh.

ROLO
I have a problem with linking to PersonalBrain

Everytime I excute a link outside Brain it opens a new instance of Brain. This happens on several computers.
I use personal brain 8.0.1.4 on a windows 8 machine.

Any suggestions for a solotion ?

Regards

ROLO
bmac
Are you sure it is opening a new session for TheBrain?  When I click on a thought link on my desktop, the brain flash screen shows as if it were opening a new session but it really doesn't, it is simply going to the specific thought contained in the link.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software