Kriggel23
With .109, there was a menu item "Copy to Icon" in the contextual menu for attachments.

Now, with .143, this function no longer exists (neither for PDF, nor TIF).

My issue: I want to create a thought's icon out of the first/one page of a multi-page PDF.

The problems:
  • The contextual menu on the attachments list does not show the menu item "Copy to Icon" any more.
  • The contextual menu on the PDF preview only shows "Reload".
  • The contextual menu of the PDF sidebar shows an item "Copy Image". BUT: the icon pasted onto the thought does have the size (!) of the image within the PDF's sidebar. It's a stamp, but not I want.

Kriggel23

mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for posting.  I'll be sure to investigate what became of "Copy to Icon" and document a feature request for it's return.

As a quick fix for this, you can also activate the Thought with the document in preview (or open the document in the background) and right click on the Thought.  Select "Capture Image."  If TheBrain is minimized, click the TAB key to bring it back into focus and select your image from the preview area.  This will give you a nice, zoomable icon of whatever the content of your document may be.

Thank you,
Matt
AmbidexterMan
How do you get that contextual menu to appear in the first place?

Thanks,
Erik
Harlan
Right click on the attachment tab or click on the menu icon on the attachment tab. "Copy to Icon" will be returning in a future release for PDFs on macOS.
Regards,
-Harlan
pthompson
Erick,

The contextual menu referred to in this instance appears when you click on the icon of a Thought.
mcaton
The Copy to Icon feature has returned in 9.0.144!

Thanks,
Matt
AmbidexterMan
Is that just Mac? I can't replicate that behavior on Win.
mcaton
Eric,

Thanks for posting. Paste will only be allowed if the receiving application accepts files as a paste source.  I just tested Word on my Windows machine and the paste icon feature is working there.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
The "Copy to Icon" feature is macOS only.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Just as feedback for this feature, turns out I'm using this quite a bit more than expected. Very convenient. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software